Applecharm11 Starhorse

Hi! I love writing about animals, fantasy and just expressing myself through words. 'A painting paints a thousand words' so why not a thousand words form a painting?

Hi! I write for hobby and for escaping troubles. I love to write as I get to 'live through' the stories I improvise on the spot. It makes me able to feel and be someone else in a world where I can change anything.I hope my words can make a difference

If Only I saved Her

“Bye! Have a nice day at training!” Blue waved off to his friends. “I will!” Green chirped. The newest warrior bounded after her mentor, eyes sparkling with excitement. “Hurry up.” Red called to his apprentice. Green quickened her steps and both disappeared through the bushes. The dark blue 25 cm creature smiled as he watched them walk off. The second he was sure they were gone, his smile fell. He sighed and put his waving hand down. It had been a month since White had been poisoned by the Snatchers, since she changed, since his best friend left. He had stayed up nights, waiting, hoping she would break free from her poison and return, but never saw her. Green had been fully developed by the Crystal and was now the newest member of their team. Red and Blue had been taking turns training her, but now Red handled her progress, seeing that their leader seemed restless. Blue raised his head and stared into the Dream Dimension sky. The purple space shimmered with a million stars. The pale moon glowed bright, clearly the brightest in the night. They used to train only in the day, but Green insisted she could keep going. Blue offered to do the night training but Red assured him he wasn’t tired. Red, being the closest to their leader other than white, could tell when he was troubled. Blue was ;lucky to have such a friend. Blue continued to stare aimlessly at the night sky. Then he froze.

The face of White replaced the shape of the moon for a second. “White…” Blue hanged his head, his blocky wings drooping. “If only I saved you…”

“Blue! Look! It’s a Liqut Lily!” White pointed with glee at the rare Dream Dimension plant. “Cool!” The two young apprentices crouched beside the flower, eyes beaming with eagerness. “They say if a Warrior or Guardian touches one of these, something amazing will happen!” White recalled the teachings of her mentor, Orange. “Lets try!” Blue suggested. The two friends giggled and slowly, gently touched the petals of the Liqut Lily. It glowed at their touch. In a second, the closed petals split open, the flower blooming. The two gaped in awe. The pollen within lit up like fireflies and floated upwards. “Woah…” they chorused. They watched the glowing spheres fill the night. Blue gently cupped one in his small hands and sat next to White. Both bent their heads as Blue opened his hand. The orb popped and tiny glitter like specks flew upwards, right into White’s face. “Hey!” She giggled. Blue looked at the leftover specks in his palm and with a goofy grin, powdered it onto his face. They saw each other’s faces and burst into laughter. As the two settled down, Blue held onto White’s tiny hand, the Warriors looking into each others eyes. “I hope we can have more nights like this. Enjoying the beauty of life of what we protect from the Snatchers. I hope we remain best friends, always.” White whispered as both continued to watch the ascend of the pollen. “Always.” Blue echoed. The best friends leaned on each other, watching the light show before them.

Blue felt tears prickle his eyes. If only he stopped that Snatcher, she wouldn’t be stung, she wouldn’t turn Snatcher, he wouldn’t have to fight her off to protect Green, she wouldn’t have left his life. White was still out there, but it wasn’t the White he knew. There was nothing but Snatcher venom past her now red eyes. ‘If only I saved her…’ Blue thought. ‘Things would have ended differently. Green would have three mentors, not two.’ Blue opened his eyes, seeing Red and Green return from training. Red was smiling though Blue could see the fire combat warrior’s exhaustion. A voice within yelled at him. “Stop dwelling in the past. Be the leader Red needs you to be. Be the Warrior White would want you to be. Be Blue.” The winged Warrior got up and called to the two approaching. “Green, I’m afraid Red can’t train you tomorrow.” Green and Red stared wide eyed at him. “I’ll be your mentor tomorrow.” Green’s look of shock turned to pure joy. “Let’s go to bed.” The three made their way back to the Warrior Tree. ‘I will train and are for Green I won’t let anyone, even if I must fight them, or White, to keep her safe.’ Blue pushed the past behind and walked forward to the future. A Liqut flower bloomed behind him. A pale figure stood next to it. It stared with pure hatred at the Warriors. But the voice inside was smiling.

“I’m proud of you, Blue.”

A chapter from my Wattpad story, Warriors of The Crystal #2 Regon Rising. Its not published on Wattpad yet. But the others in the series are.