camlily

hi there

yAY

A Nose and Baby Toes- read footnotes :)

8
In the hospital room 
There was a great dispute
Over a baby girl
Who looked quite cute.

"Her name should be Carly,"
The proud father said, 
But her mother disagreed
While laying in bed.

"No, Camryn's better,"
The woman argued back, 
"For it's much prettier 
Than that silly quack,"

And to this the dad replied,
"Do you know what 'Camryn' means?"
Crooked nose, how embarrassing, 
She's got better genes!"

So the mother used pathos 
To get her way.
She cried and protested-
Still, the baby didn't get a say.

In the end, the mother won
And the father was mad
"You can name the next one," said his wife,
And they both were quite glad.
This is a silly little poem I wrote about... myself!  And I decided to post it today because this very thing happened exactly FOURTEEN years ago.  Today is my birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <insert balloon emoji>
So yeaaaaa I am officially fourteen at the wonderful time of 9:11 pm today and if anyone has the same birthday as me (ok that would be SO COOL) then commenttt down below or what YOUR birthday is (it doesn't have to be the year, that stuff is confidential) because I love birthdays and stuff coolioooooo.  Don't mind my awkwardness :)

Also, another shoutout is coming up soon!!

1

• CreativeAngel

I’m starting to question why I don’t see any of these

• Changing Accounts

This is really late but HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Also Once Upon a Time is back so I guess that's kind of a late present

• camlily

Thanks RainAndSonder!! It's kind of random and I made it up on the fly but I think it worked out okay :) I really appreciate your feedback!!

Great poem.

• camlily

Those are really helpful tips, thank you guys again!! lol I've heard that there's a TON of homework in high school, but it's hard to imagine having more than I have now. ahhh :P

• Lyell

I'm a 1800+ kid school and its not that bad. Don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone, cause I did and made some of my best friends that I still have to this day. Good luck next year and do your homework

• Kaitlyn ❄

I wish you good luck in highschool. I"m homeschooled so don't know a ton about that public school thing lol

• camlily

Thanks so much Reanimated!! I am going into High School next year... and I'm really nervous :/

• Lyell

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! HAVE FUN IN HIGH SCHOOL IF YOU'RE GOING INTO HIGH SCHOOL NEXT YEAR

• Kaitlyn ❄

YYYYAAAAyYY XD

• camlily

Thank you guys so so much!!!!!! @Kaitlyn- that's really cool! We can at least be the same age for five months then!! <3

• Kaitlyn ❄

Happy birthday! My b-day is September 7 and I'll be turning 15 in like five months! Yay!

• Kahasai

Happy birthday!