JCWriter

I'm an aspiring novelist with a passion for free verse and epic fantasy (and occasionally being over-dramatic).
INFP ~ TCK ~ Enneagram 4 ~ reader of many things
been here since about 7.26.2017

There is always hope.

"I certainly have not the talent which some people possess," said Darcy, "of conversing easily with those I have never seen before." (Jane Austen)

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost." (J.R.R. Tolkien)

"Nobody can be uncheered with a balloon." (A.A. Milne)

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." (Romans 15:13)

~

If you're here looking for something to read, some of my favorites are "Ten Wishes--A Poem", "Light", and "A Possibility". :)

It Is My First Home

PROMPT: Zoom In

2
    Go to the little country by the little sea (or the enormous lake, depending on your point of view), where the air is always full of sand and smog because the wind is as constant as the sky. Then go to the city where towering infant skyscrapers dot the horizon near the coast, overlooking countless ramshackle homes of every shape and size. From there, delve deep into the city and go to the school--remodeled now, new and shining like a butterfly in comparison with its caterpillar-like former self. Then cross the street two times, dart between the buildings, stop in the courtyard ringed by yellow-gray apartment buildings, and stare up at the second-story window on the right of the building whose back faces the street.
    I don't know who lives there now, or if our old landlord still owns the apartment, whether they've remodeled or whether the faint scribbles on the wallpaper here and there can still be found. I don't know if someone has replaced the long red carpets that lined the hallways, if the clothesline outside the kitchen window is still there, or if other children now play among my memories. The place is full of sorrow and smiles and nostalgia, whether its current occupants know that or not. I suppose part of me will always live there.
    It is my first home.