MyShotPotter

Harry Potter
Hamilton
Equal rights for all people
Loves reading fanfiction
Not so great at writing said fanfiction
Proud Democrat
Jewish
Someone please fix Earth
Multiple personalities
Obsessive crushing

"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Orion Black

The Real Monster

There is a monster in this world. I did not make it up, and it is hiding among us, waiting to strike. This monster can take the lives of seventeen people in six minutes and twenty seconds. This monster is available for any legal adult in this world to harness and use for their own purposes. This monster can ruin a person's life when all they have done is come in contact with one. This monster has no will, no mind of it's own, and that is perhaps the most dangerous part about it. It killed seventeen people in Parkland Florida just over a month ago. These are their names.

Alyssa Alhadeff, age 14
Scott Beigel, age 35
Martin Duque Anguiano, age 14
Nicholas Dworet, age 17
Aaron Feis, age 37
Jaime Guttenberg, age 14
Christopher Hixon, age 49
Luke Hoyer, age 15
Cara Loughran, age 14
Gina Montalto, age 14
Joaquin Oliver, age 17
Alaina Petty, age 14
Meadow Pollack, age 18
Helena Ramsey, age 17
Alexander Schachter, age 14
Carmen Schentrup, age 16
Peter Wang, age 15

This prompt does not allow me enough words to tell all of their life stories. How they felt in their last moments. What thoughts flashed through their heads. But it does allow me to tell you that members of our government have allowed this monster to roam free and untamed through our country for years. This monster and it's kin have murdered more people than one person can ever type. A lot of these kids are my age. Who will it take next?

Never forget.

• sw

Never forget

• JediKnightGirl

This is powerful and beautifully haunting in the worst and best way. "Never forget."

• RedWriter

My hands are so cold right now as they hover above the keyboard. This monster surely is worse than any one that could be hiding under our beds.

• novelistinthedark

I'm crying now because you're so right.

• sphinx

Preach!

• PetSematarySKing

Never forget!