Binary code icon 2

Glytch Montoya

I've been writing short stories and poems independently for a while now. In fact, whenever I get the chance, I work on my short stories, for which I use the word "short" VERY loosely. I'm looking forward to seeing your opinions!

WARNING: This guy has a messed up life.

Character Profiles: Drake Embers

6
...
...
...
...Done. What would you like to do with this file? 
Open. 
Are you sure you want to open this file now? 
...Yes. 
Very well. One moment... 
...Done. 

Character Profile

Drake Embers

BASIC 
Name: Drake Isidore Embers
Nickname: Speedy Spades, or just Spades
Age: 17, going on 18 (a year older than Glytch. Glytch and Drake, coincidentally, were born on the same day, a year apart.)
Gender: Male
Face: somewhat boyish face; chiseled jawline; has a few scars on his jaw; 
Nose: small, "button nose"
Eyes: electric green, 
Hair: brown, medium-length, can cover his eyes
Other features: smooth, delicate looking hands; 
Build / Health / Disabilities: thin, but not scrawny. Good health, physically. Has a hyper-sensitive nerve cluster in his left shoulder, which hurts like knives when pressure is applied. 
Clothing: tends to wear a black hoodie, black sweatpants (not the kind that makes a lot of noise, but the kind that comfortably fits your body), black-and-white-but-mostly-black sneakers, and a blue undershirt, which has a spade printed on it. Occasionally wears sunglasses, and, when on the job, a black cotton mouth mask. 
Movement / Posture: Good posture when standing, but tends to shift around, fidgeting with whatever happens to be in his hands (which is usually an ace of spades). He often has his hands in his pockets when he's trying to keep a low profile. When he moves, he moves swiftly, quietly, and with purpose. If he's moving to strike, he moves so quickly, you almost don't realize he's moving until he has already moved. 
Voice: somewhat deep voice, but not as deep as Daxx's. So, like a teenage boy's voice when it is getting deeper, but without quite as many cracks. When he speaks, he is somewhat soft-spoken, but you can still clearly hear what he says if he's talking to you. (However, his mouth mask has a little voice modulator in it to make his voice a little deeper when he wears it. Sort of a scare tactic, really). 

HISTORY 
Occupation / Employer: Hit-man/assassin, ACES gang. 
Past or future jobs: No information available. 
Education: Unclear
Important locations: Coroner City (his home city)
Important life events: April 19th, 2000 (the date of his birth). January 12, 2006 (the day he discovered his nerve cluster/the day his dad discovered his nerve cluster/the day he discovered what real pain feels like). April 19th, 2007 (the day he first met his Uncle Hubert). April 23rd, 2009 (the day his dad killed his mom/the day he ran away from home to live with his uncle). November 7th, 2010 (the day his uncle died, leaving Drake alone again). August 5th, 2011 (the day he joined the ACES). October 13, 2012 (his first kill/his first solo op/the day he killed his dad). March 23rd, 2015 (the day he met Thomas Montoya). March 23rd, 2016 (the day he and Thomas Montoya became enemies/the day ACES was "destroyed"). 
Good memories: Very few. The moment he first looked into his mother's eyes when he was born. Any memory in which he was with his mother and NOT his father. The day he met his Uncle Hubert. The day he met Smoke and joined the ACES gang. Killing his father. The day he became friends with Thomas Montoya. 
Bad memories: Most of them, actually. Every moment he spent with his father. The first time he saw his father beating his mother. The first time his father abused him. Every other moment of abuse after that. Going to school while covered in bruises, unable to tell anybody what happened, either for fear of it getting worse or because of a broken jaw. Seeing everybody looking at him funny at school, spreading rumors, judging him, pitying him. Having to wear sunglasses to hide black eyes all the time. Having to watch as his father beat his mother senseless and killed her. Running away from home, tears in his eyes. Seeing his Uncle Hubert die as well, leaving him alone again. Killing his father. Thomas Montoya betraying him. 
Accomplishments: ...If you're looking for accomplishments that could earn him praise (and are legal), you've come to the wrong profile. 

RElATIONSHIPS 
How do they act to strangers: Extremely cautious, hostile, and suspicious. 
Friends (And the relationship between them): Spencer Ashes (sort of like the cool older brother that he always wanted). Carlos Cinders (sort of like an "I respect this guy because he's huge and could easily crush me but chooses not to" situation). Scarlet Smoke (sort of like the caring, bad*** older sister he always wanted; also, sometimes, a friend, teacher, or motherly figure... It's complicated). 
Information about their family:  Dead, mostly. 
Parents: His father was abusive towards him and his mother. Drake's only comfort came from being picked up from school by his mom (and ONLY his mom). Then, when his father killed his mother, Drake couldn't handle the raw negative emotion and loss (and pure terror), so he ran away. Once he joined ACES, he was able to plot his revenge, using that anger, that loss, that hatred, as his motivation. When the time came, he tracked down his father, and he attacked and killed him. 
Coworkers: Spencer Ashes (official boss). Carlos Cinders (bouncer/brute). Scarlet Smoke (understood boss). 
Enemies: Thomas Montoya

PERSONALITY 
Mental state: Severely depressed, degrading, borderline-psychotic. 
Attitude: apathetic, fatalist. 
Opinions: He can only trust the ACES. Most trends are fads. 
Values: Trust. Skill. 
Ambitions: No information available. 
Secrets: He tries to keep his nerve cluster in his shoulder a secret, because there are too many people who would exploit that. 
Regrets: Not being able to save his mother. Or his uncle. Other than the ACES, everyone that he has ever cared about has either died or double-crossed him. 
Weaknesses: His aforementioned nerve cluster (he basically has an Achilles shoulder). 
Strengths: Incredibly light on his feet. Swift, agile. To put it crudely, "silent but deadly". So quick that nobody knows what weapon he uses, if any. Very skilled in hand-to-hand combat. 
Skills: Agility. Hand-to-hand/Close-quarters combat. Stealth. 
Flaws: Nerve cluster. The whole "vengeful assassin" thing. 
Religion: None. 
Main personality traits: Insecure. Vengeful. Generally fatalist. 
Habits: fidgeting with whatever is in his hands. 
Hobbies: Playing cards. Doing magic tricks involving cards and fire. Leaning against a wall, trying to look casual, like he's supposed to be there (Note: He only does this if, legally speaking, he's not supposed to be there). 
Likes: Being part of ACES. Key lime pie. Fireworks. Playing cards. Apples. 
Dislikes: Betrayal. Thomas Montoya. His (now deceased) abusive father. Most vegetables. Humanity in general at this point. Policemen. Policewomen. 

...No additional information available. Update? 
Maybe later. 
Very well. 

This is a character profile for Drake Embers, a character from my newest story, Ashes of Aces! This is probably the first time I've ever done a character with such a messed up past, so... Kinda uncharted territory there. 
Format courtesy of Foxmillionaire! and their piece "Character Creator". 

• Glytch Montoya

@hero2a11:
    You may not have to wait much longer...

@Foxmillionaire!:
    Thank you for the feedback! And thanks for making the questions!

@Kaitlyn:
    Yeah, Drake's the kind of guy that you can't help but feel sorry for, if you know what he's been through.
    Also, uh, what exactly do you mean by "go for Thomas"? I'm not quite sure I understand.

• Kaitlyn ❄

I feel sorry for Drake but I kind of want to go for Thomas..... lol
    Anyway, this was really awesome.

• -Foxmillionaire-

Ooh magic tricks, I like this character. The ACES is a really cool name. You did a good job of using these questions. Thanks for doing them.

• hero2a11

Very intriguing. Can't wait to see the story! Keep up the good work!