Hanan Adi

Germany

Senior Peer Reviewer. Former Write the World young writer, now mentoring other WtW young writers through peer reviews!

Your voice matters.
Cherish it.
Hone it.
Use it.
------------
Hey, young writers! I am so glad to be back to work on Write the World for a stint! As Senior Peer Reviewer, I hope to be able to use the experience I have had in my craft to help you recognize the full potential of yours.

Thanks to the WtW Team for having me on again. Let's make this a fulfilling year!

Humanity

PROMPT: The Unknown

2
I do not know much about you.

I do not know where you come from. I do not know how old you are. I do not know your name, nor what you call yourself, or if they are the same thing.

I do not know what gives you the strength to seize each day, nor what terrors trouble your sleep at night. I do not know which road you have taken, nor can map the one you will follow. I cannot descry the heights you strive to reach, nor can measure the depths of the pits into which you have fallen, amid your strife.

But I do know this. You are a human being.

I know this. You have a heart. However hidden, however broken, however forgotten.

I know this. My heart yearns for yours.

So take my hand. Let us walk together, for a time. Let us learn to know one another.