agustdv

United Arab Emirates

[ a f r a h ]

far too nonchalant about things i should probably care about

reviews pLeAsE. reviews without anything constructive are honestly a waste of your time, more than anything. be harsh or whatever when you critique me, but please do.

as for comments, they help a lot lol so if you drop a few, it would be highly appreciated.

fernweh

PROMPT: The Unknown

6
fernweh: [n] an ache for distant places; the craving for travel

i do not know about the world.

when the wind inches closer to the cherry blossoms and soothes them into a downward spiral, i might begin to cry.

it is a hiccuping dream; to trek my way to a teeming city where nobody knows who i am or what i have done. the scent of exuberant people and the burning taste of snow on my tongue and the melody of broken rib-cages whisper to me ever so sightly; lulling me towards the place they promise to be.

when the reflection off the bejewelled lanes of winding alleys dance on my face, i might begin to cry.

i might drink steaming coffee under a lonely bridge when the night is aging, and the stars kiss the horizon. i might carve my name on graffiti-infested walls and take polaroid pictures of wind chimes. when i pass by a school, i might pray for the children to hold onto the nightmare for a little longer.

when i trudge back home at midnight, one glass slipper lost in a place far, far away, i might begin to cry.

fernweh, you make me want to live all over again.

1

• Tushar Mandhan

This is so amazing!!! Simply beautiful <3<3

• agustdv

Thank you, Gabriel!

• Gabriel Goodwin

This is beautiful!