Nafo23

I am a 16 year old boy living in Washington state. I love nature, dogs, writing, and drawing. I'm somewhat of a nerd, and I don't pride myself on being an amazing writer, but I try my best.

Warm nights of Winter

PROMPT: Solastalgia

0
It's funny how I associate Autumn and Winter with a feeling of warmth rather than cold. They're such family oriented seasons, filled with love, whether conditionally through holidays spent with family  or unconditionally through walks in the cold with your significant other. In contrast, Summer and Spring are Barren seasons filled with unnecessary heat and boredom. The shift from Autumn and Winter to Spring and Summer always leaves me depressed, as I trade Thanks Giving, my Birthday, Christmas, and New Year for Holidays like Saint Patrick's day or Easter. Living in Washington, the seasonal changes aren't too drastic, but they change enough for me to see the warm nights wrapped in blankets with my boyfriend turn into hot days spent half naked surrounded by spinning fans. It's backwards, I know, but the cold is far more welcoming for me than the heat. I'm surprised anyone would want to exchange white blankets of snow for black heated asphault.