Images 1

f l o r a

lady madonna
children at your feet
I wonder how you manage to
make ends meet

IM CAILLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU

Caillou: THE WHINY BALD-HEADED MENACE RAVAGING TELEVISION SETS EVERYWHERE. (A rant, pretty much.)

7
We’ve all had our fair share of hated children’s TV shows ranging from “Paw Patrol” to “Sesame Street”. But can any of those really compare to the agony that is the Canadian based television show “Caillou”?
Let me give you a little bit of history about the show in case you, dear reader are not familiar with the children’s series.
The concept of Caillou was based off a popular Canadian book series, appropriately named “Caillou”. The basic premise of the plot surrounds a four year old boy, who has everyday adventures with his sister, Rosie, his cat Gilbert, and his mother and father.
Though this may seem like a pretty simple and generic concept that would seem like a grand-slam idea for a kid’s series, the show just simply does not seem to meet the requirements of which it should have met. 
The first of many problems that I have with this show is the main protagonist, Caillou’s self-centered attitude. At four years old, he seems to feel as if he were just as entitled as Regina George from “Mean Girls” would be.
Let me give you a few examples of how this behavior is portrayed in the show.

1.In one episode, Caillou causes his friend Leo to break his toe, instead of being sympathetic towards him and remorseful, Caillou is angry because he didn’t have anyone to play with
2.In another episode, Leo (poor, Leo) asks Caillou to pet sit his hamster. Instead of following directions and leaving the pet alone in its cage, Caillou lets it run free, until he finds that the Hamster has gone missing inside the house.
3.In a BANNED episode of the show, it reminisces on the time in which Caillou’s little sister Rosie was born. Caillou, jealous of the attention the newborn was getting, pinches her.

And that is only a few of the examples of Caillou’s reckless behavior on the show, there are many more where those three stated above came from.

Now, I do understand that Caillou at only four years old, doesn’t completely understand what is right from what is wrong, that is a fair point to make. But as each episode plays, each has the same exact plot line: Caillou starts off his day as a rather happy kid, but when things don’t go his way, he immediately turns sour.
(The only reason I would know this is because I have babysat my younger cousins, who were at one point obsessed with this show, and I, being the only niece in the house would watch these episodes one after another against my will.)
The point is, as time goes on in the show’s reign, Caillou doesn’t seem to change at all. He is still the whiny little kid on tv, and forever will remain,

Oh my gosh I used to watch Cailou. Now, though, I don't see how I stood it.

• Lee Fudge

Reminds me of my cousin.

• Old Sport

CAILLOU: DESTROYER OF WORLDS.

• Kaitlyn ❄

OH MY GOSH YES THIS SHOW IS SO FREAKING DUMB