F4689591 24b3 4a3b b032 111747b5c04e

Abreauna_Hadley

I'm a high school sophomore writer living in Georgia. I want to share my stories and read others' writings too.
Psalm 40:3 He put a song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God; Many will see and fear And will trust in the Lord.

I will try to continue this journal until graduation. Hopefully that will happen!

High School (A journalistic documentation)

1
Sophomore/ When: mid school year/Age: 15/ Date: Monday, March 12, 2018
    This morning, I woke up feeling exhausted, maybe because of daylight savings time. I did my usual routine of getting up, brushing my teeth, making up my bed, and putting in my contacts. Then of course getting dressed for another school day. Well, there was one twist to my routine. I had to wash my hair 10 minutes before leaving the house to go to school, so it was a rush. My mom realized how much flaky gel was in my hair and decided that I go dunk my head into the sink for a "wash and go." I dreaded it, but I survived. At school, nothing much happened. My school is small for a high school, or should I say 6-12 school. It's not necessarily a private school, but it is also a lot different from a regular public school. Students start attending the school in 6th grade, then continue on from there. When the people who stick around for an opportunity reach high school, like me, they get to take their core college courses a little bit earlier than the regular high schoolers. I am doing that now in my sophomore year, so by the time I graduate, I will have a least my first year of college done with. I like the idea, so I plan on continuing to work hard to pursue it. However, the school can come with some unintentional failures. If you really think about this, we are stuck with the same students that we have been with since middle school. There is no one new who comes in, with the exception of the new 6th graders who come in every year. This leads to students developing disconnection with students from other schools. I'm sure lots of people have noticed this, but their is nothing that can be done about it. Anyways, that's enough for now. Let's see what the rest of the week brings for me. Chao!

Sophomore/ When: mid school year/ Age: 15/ Date: Tuesday, March 13, 2018
Hello. School was draining today. I took a math test and failed it. It was never my intention to fail. This is my teacher's first year teaching a full course of geometry and my grades are reflecting it. At the start of the school year, it was simple things that I could do and I had an A in the class. Up until about a month ago, my grade has slumped down to a B, which is not bad, but I really strive to do the very best. Also, I don't want the grade to plummet down even further. College is just a couple of years a way, and I don't want to risk not getting accepted to the one I want because of a low GPA score. I guess I can't worry too much because that is the only B I have out of all my grades. You could say these are some tough times for me due to being a perfectionist when it comes to school. That's enough for now. Hasta luego!