Hannah.Tougas

growing up

PROMPT: Solastalgia

2
As a child, I lived a worry-free life. The only thing on my mind was what kind of fun activity I would be doing next; and oh do I miss those days. It feels as if it was only yesterday that I had no worries. I could look back and have no regrets. I didn’t feel as if I had to satisfy someone else for it to be okay to be me. Life is full of responsibilities. Homework. Fights. Grades. Parents. Being a teenager. When I was little, the future was so far away I didn’t give a damn about what I wanted to be when I grew up. Now, everything is so close. I didn’t even realize the journey I've been through, I was simply just living. The world I once knew has lost its innocence. It’s gotten colder. My eyes have opened to the darkness in this world, and the troublesomeness. Everything is different now. I have responsibilities. I am an independent individual, slowly learning how to live by my own means. I wish I could go back in time, just for a little while, to experience life at its peak. Looking back on my past, a changing environment has changed me and the people around me for the better, and I wouldnt change a thing about that. 

1