Imgres

PunkyMonkey

I have loved creative writing since I was little, and I am always looking for more ways to share and get feedback on my writing... This seems like the perfect place!

This is the beginning of a story that I might want to develop more, and I would love feedback on how you like it and if it is interesting. I am a little bit worried that the outcome was a bit to predictable, so if you have any suggestions that would be much appreciated. I also love constructive criticism! Anything that helps :)... and if you have a better title suggestion I am open to changing it.

Wishes in the Wind

Have you ever felt like you have wanted something so bad, that you felt you wouldn't function without it? Like your life depended on it. Well, those are things that I like to call wishes. My mom and I were very close, and she made me feel like anything and everything I ever wished for could come true. She put the hope and trust inside of me. She made me feel complete; human. Let's just say I wasn't the most popular girl at school. Or anywhere. She made the best in everyone come out like it had never before. 

Back to my wishes. One thing my mom and I would do since I started wishing for things, was she would make me write my dream on a ballon. No matter how stupid or childish they were; on the ballon they would go. We would climb out onto the rooftop of our old townhouse, and we would sit up there with our balloon, the hot black shingles warming us like marshmallows over a fire. The clouds told us a story as interesting as any TV show. After about 30 minutes of our sky TV, we would sit up, and sign our balloon. My signature was always sloppy and childish, but I couldn't tell the difference. We would look up at the sky and close our eyes, the balloon held in between each of our hands. On the count of three, the balloon was free, floating up into the sky. Our eyes followed it until it was a speck in the sky. Every wish I've ever had has floated up into the air, my mom by my side. Her smile as she watched the balloon seemed to push it higher. She was my partne in crime, my inseperable siamese twin. We did everything together. All my fears were lost with the encouraging words of my mom. That was, until I lost her.

• sincereskies

Honestly, this is really great. Try publishing it for the competiotion. I think it really has a fighting chance.