Jessica thingy knife copy 20151228 211745

Jacie XP

Hello pedestrians! Jacie XP here just being awesome like usual!
I'm a teen girl trapped by school (which is bleh).
I'm working on a story called Return, but I'm often distracted by other projects.

I'm going to develop this piece into a story that I'm using in a novel contest one of my friends is hosting. What do you people think of this "spoiler?"

Stranger

0
I was alone at night. A loud crash came from downstairs, tugging me out of my deep slumber. My eyes flew open. Thumping. Someone was in my house. I threw back the covers on my bed and crept towards the door. A loud grunt. A quieter crash. Was it a burglar? It had to be. Who else would break in during the night?
I slowly pulled my door open. The hinges made the tiniest squeak. All of a sudden, the sounds from downstairs were cut off. My heart pounded in my chest. I didn't dare breathe. Then I heard it. Footsteps on the stairs. Whoever it was, they were coming upstairs. I backed away from the door. Feeling along the wall, I grabbed a large gymnastics trophy off of a shelf. Hiding in a dark corner, I waited.
Slow steps floated in from the hallway right outside the room. They got closer and closer until they were literally right outside the door. I watched in horror as the door swung open all of the way. A hand reached in and felt along the wall for a light switch. It found one. I couldn't even breathe anymore.
Light flooded the room. He was tall and dressed in all black. His brown eyes were filled with excitement. A small whimper escaped my throat.
"It's nice to see you again, Lora," he said, brushing a piece of straight, black out of his face. There was no way he could have been a day over 22. His face looked familiar, but at the same time, I was sure I had never seen him before.
"W-who are you? What are you doing in my house?" I asked, my voice shaking.
He laughed a bitter, horrible laugh. "I thought you'd remember me. Apparently they really did take your memories."
"What are you talking about? Someone stole my memories?" I questioned, desperate for answers.
He crossed the room and gently caressed my cheek with his thumb. "We used to be so close, Lora," he whispered. "That was before they tore us apart and made you forget."
My head whirled. What was this psycho talking about?
"They punished me after you were gone," he continued. "They made every single day hell for two years. Do you know how it ended? They succeeded it what they were trying to do. Don't be sad, Lora. Those two years really helped me think. And you know what? If you hadn't been so damn attractive, nothing would've happened to me. I hated you after that became apparent. I hated you so much. You ruined my life, Lora! You turned me into an outcast!"
"I-I'm sorry! I didn't know!" I screamed. How could I not remember something as big as this?
"No, Lora," he said, his voice almost too faint for me to hear him. "I'm the one that's sorry. As much as I hate you, I don't want to kill you. They told me I have to kill you. I'm so sorry."
He pulled a knife out of his right boot and held it above my chest. I let out a scream. There was no where for me to run. I was so stupid thinking hiding in a corner could protect me.
He brought the knife down. It tore through my pale skin with ease. I let out a gasp. Blood poured down from my chest. "I'm sorry," he whispered one last time. He turned away and I fell to the floor, gasping for air. 
As I died, I watched him leave. Just as he got to the door, he seemed to melt away into the shadows. I sucked in one last breath.
Then there was nothing.

The next morning, I woke up on the floor, a knife in my chest, blood everywhere, and no memory of the night before.