ethereal.otherworldly

soft n sapphic

dreaming of goddesses, sunflowers and italian sunshine.

mr eastwell bring me candy the next time i come to school cause i think im doing okay

ii

1
dear annie,
don't worry. i know you were scared by the last letter, but i promise i'm alright. the didn't find the letter before i sent it, and i'm okay. it's almost midnight now, and i'm writing by the only oil lamp in the room. there's thirty children in one room and yet they can't afford two lamps.
but i know you're still considering coming, and annie, i can't have that. you can't come here. it's horrible. there are three ill children in the room, with typhus and cholera, and the other ones are getting infected as well. a body a boy who died a day ago is still just resting in the corner with flies all over him.
there's only one toilet among us, and four to a bed. right now, there's a young girl named victoria asleep on my legs. she's feverish. I don't think she has long.
we do have a sewage system though, which is more than most can afford. when it comes time to pay we all split our rent to make it work - there's an older girl who's a computer.
be safe, annie.
"The first use of the word "computer" was recorded in 1613, referring to a person who carried out calculations, or computations, and the word continued with the same meaning until the middle of the 20th century."