Rainbow flag 1

Kaitlyn ❄

* Feminist * Bisexual * Whovian * Besties with Emilie & Hadley * Loki * Iron Man * ENTP-T * Hermione * Draco * Music * Writing * Depression * Alopecia * Singer * Swimming * Dancing *

I want to call out to my best friends Emilie(Aussie23) and Hadley(BlueWriter). They are amazing people who have inspired me to do better in my life everyday. They have given a real purpose to my life and they have always been there for me. I could not be more grateful. I do not deserve the love that they give me.
Both of you have got me through the most difficult parts of my life and I am eternally thankful for that. Life can be a real struggle sometimes.
I also want to thank everyone on Write the World who has followed me, reviewed my work, and liked my work. I love you all and I would not be here right now without you. Keep up the amazing work.
Tom Hiddleston: Thank you for being Loki and making me smile every day.

Broken Noise - Chapter Fourteen - Kaitlyn

4
    I couldn't remember what had just happened. All I knew was that I was in a hospital, in a bed. My whole body ached as if I had just cross-country skied for ten miles. I groaned. I lifted my neck slightly. "David?" I mumbled. I could see him in the bed beside me. His leg was strapped down and a cast was wrapped around it.
    He smiled weakly at me. "How are you doing, Lina?" My head violently spun. His voice sounded like a TV when it was transmitting poorly. What was wrong with my ears?
    "I'm okay," I whispered. "Something's wrong with my ears or something. It sounds like... broken noise or something when people talk." The world spun again.
    "Nightwatchers," groaned David. "They messed with your... signal per say. It should fade." But his eyes said differently.

Two weeks later....

"I still can't hear right," I yelled. "You said it would fade, David!" I was still remarkably sore and David was hobbling around a bit. My ears were not any different. Every thing was still fuzzy.
    "I said it should fade," David replied cautiously.
    "But I don't like it!" I was extra touchy.
    "Don't think that I love you less, Lina," David cooed. He took my face into his hands and leaned forward. His lips gently pressed against mine. "Your hearing, however important to me, does not affect my true love for you."
    My insides felt all warm. Even though I was moody, I had forgotten how much David meant to me. "My love is truer than yours," I flirted.
    "Haha," he laughed a little. "I highly doubt it."
    I smiled sadly at him. I wished to hear his beautiful voice properly. "I wish it would go away," I whispered. "Is my hearing going to stay like this forever?"
    David's eyes gently surveyed me. "I imagine so. Only time can fix something like this and you've had plenty of that." I was suddenly struck by his eyes. His beautiful brown eyes. I loved his eyes. They showed love. They showed trust. They showed truth. I loved it. The comfort. The hope. The happiness. I let myself be caught up in his eyes.
    "I love you," I whispered."
    He leaned forward again. "I love you more."
    As our lips connected, I resisted the urge to shake my head, to rid my head of that broken noise.
    Suddenly, there was a crash. My head flew up."What?" asked David.
    "Didn't you hear that?" I gasped.
    He slowly shook his head. "No, Lina...."

• Kaitlyn ❄

Yeah, it's cool how popular they are.

• AbigailSauble

Yes! That one. That's so funny. :D I totally didn't expect to see you wearing one. :P

• Kaitlyn ❄

It's a "Live Generously" shirt... My church hands them out for a whole bunch of things such as "Feed My Starving Children."

• AbigailSauble

I just looked closer at your avatar and I recognize that shirt you're wearing!!! There are a bunch of teens at my church who wear them because they helped out at . . . . . what's it called?

• Kaitlyn ❄

That was actually a year or so ago... when I still had nice hair... And yea that was my birthday.

• AbigailSauble

Thanks. :D I decided to take a picture of me with my newly acquired braces. :P Is your avatar recent? Did you have a birthday recently?

• Kaitlyn ❄

I like your profile pic, btw

• AbigailSauble

XD

• Kaitlyn ❄

Lol now I'm laughing...

• AbigailSauble

Sorry, I thought the title was: 'Broken Nose'. :P Wow . . . sorry. I'll stop laughing now.

• Kaitlyn ❄

Sweet lol.

• .audrey michelle.

I'm honestly thinking about ending the Chapter 14 Challenge and just making you the winner of the whole thing. Legit

• Kaitlyn ❄

Yes, definitely a mindless hater.... lol thank you again.

• RedWriter

Well I am glad I could help when it comes to mindless haters - second comment exhibit A

• Kaitlyn ❄

That's so true. Thank you, Bree. That makes me feel so much better. I mean, I don't let hate do much to me but that was so helpful.

• RedWriter

This is awesome! I just looked at this because teh title caught my attention and I really like it. Also, if you have haters, you must be doing something right.

• Kaitlyn ❄

That's adorable.

• AbigailSauble

On the note of two-year-olds trying to sing, I have an ADORABLE four-year-old nephew who's mom is teaching him a bunch of kid songs :D :D :D He's SO cute. ;) Funny thing, is that he knows them way better than I do. :P
    This piece reminds me of some of my more recent work. ;) Great job! Can't wait to see what happens next.

• .audrey michelle.

I absolutely loved this piece! Good luck!

• Kaitlyn ❄

Bro, your spelling is about as professional as a two year old trying to sing.

• Lil Pump

Listen Rain, i gotta tell ya i dassagreee i thank it was bout as guud as a turtle soup on a cold wendnsday

A cliffhanger! It's interesting to see this novel in your writing style.