camlily

hi there

what up fam I’m back from like a four month break
most of my pieces are really personal so yeah I’m sorry if you read any of them
been here since 2017 with my besties FairNoble and CreativeAngel <3
just a girl trying to get rid of writers block
I hope that you have an absolutely splindiferous day! :)
If y'all want me to check out a piece or peer review it, let me know in the comments of one of my pieces and I'll do my best to get it done

Don't forget to leave a

╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱
╱╱┏╮╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱
╱╱┃┃╱╱╱┳╱┓┳╭┫┳┓
▉━╯┗━╮╱┃╱┃┣┻╮┣╱
▉┈┈┈┈┃╱┻┛┛┻╱┻┻┛
▉╮┈┈┈┃╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱
╱╰━━━╯╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱

- courtesy of SamG95 (im actually not sure if he's on here anymore but... he made this)

snapchat: cam_lily119
instagram: camryn_woods11

The Five Stages of Writer's Block and How to Defeat Them

10
The dreaded writer's block- a writer's worst enemy.  Often, it can take days, weeks, even months, to get over that big wall blocking the writer from finding inspiration and motivation.  These are the five biggest stages leading up to the writer's victory and the defeat of his/her block.   

1. Denial
"I just haven't had enough time to write.  I don't have writer's block; when I have the time, I'll be able to start writing again." 

Believe it or not, the biggest step to getting over writer's block is realizing you have it.  Writers will stop writing for longer than usual and lose inspiration, denying that they have writer's block.  The sooner you identify that you have writer's block, the sooner you can get over it and start writing again.

​​    2.  Anger
"Why can't I think of anything to write?  Writing is supposed to be fun, but I'm here staring at a blank computer screen.  If I can't think of anything I'm going to quit or throw my computer across the room."

First of all, don't throw your computer.  The computer didn't do anything to you, and it's not it's fault that you have writer's block.  Second, anger is a way of procrastination that writers use to hide the fact that they're not writing.  The cure: write anything, literally anything, and let all of the anger go.  Instead of focusing on negativity, focus on getting your inspiration and motivation back.  

3.  Depression
"The reason why I can't write anything is because everything I write sucks.  I should stop being a writer; I'm terrible at it.  Why do I even bother anymore?"

If you're staring at a trash can filled to the brim with crumpled-up papers, you'll know that you're at the depression stage.  This stage is by far the most difficult of all, because it threatens the writer's passion to write. This stage comes as a result of the writer's deprived inspiration- so they feel like they are lacking creativity, structure, etc.  If you are currently suffering from this stage of writer's block, just know that you will get your swing back (and you are not a terrible writer).   

4. Acceptance
"Ok, I have writer's block.  I just won't write for a while and then maybe it'll be gone by then!  It'll allow for more time for my other activities, too!" 

It's good that you've accepted your "fate", but that doesn't mean that you have to stop writing to get rid of it. If you've passed the depression stage, then you're probably procrastinating writing- which is the worst thing to do. When you have writer's block, the best thing to do is keep writing... anything at all. 

​    5. Hope
"If I do keep writing, maybe I'll get my inspiration back!  There's still hope for me!" 

Hope is the final stage of writer's block.  By this stage, you've gone through the whirlwind of emotions and are ready for it to all be over.  The difference between the hope stage and the acceptance stage is that the writer continues to write through their block in this stage.  Continuing to write leads you to feel more comfortable with the pen in your hand and ultimately towards becoming a better writer.  By doing this, your writer's block will disappear for longer amounts of time.

In conclusion, the best way to overcome writer's block is to write.   Even if you feel like your writing is terrible, keep writing and you'll feel differently later on.  Ignore the negative feelings and focus on defeating your writer's block!

"It's not the fear of writing that blocks people; it's fear of not writing well; something quite different." - Scott Berkun
Ok so this is a little sneak peak of what the posts in the blog that I'm doing with FairNoble (called Lexigraphy Blogs) look like!  We post every Wednesday and Friday about everything writing; reviews, tips and tricks, how-to, prompts, etc.  So if you feel like that would interest you, go check it out!  (I'm sorry that this is a little self-promo, we have just put a lot of work into the site and no one sees it).  So here's the link, and feel free to subscribe!  https://lexigraphyblog.weebly.com/  Thank you all and have a wonderful rest of your day/night! <3 <3 <3

1

• CreativeAngel

I may have had a writers block for the past like...umm..

You know five months.

I overcame that as you see now that I’m just posting so much

• Hannah Gaudette - JoyfulWriter

Awesome stuff here!!! I need to tape this above my computer or something. :)

You're brilliant!

• camlily

Thank you guys so much!! I really appreciate it <3

• Riley Noel

I love this it is so helpful!!

• Kaitlyn ❄

This is absolutely brilliant

• camlily

Currently I am suffering from writer's block too! I'm probably at the acceptance stage. Only one more to go! :D