Jessica thingy knife copy 20151228 211745

Jacie XP

Hello pedestrians! Jacie XP here just being awesome like usual!
I'm a teen girl trapped by school (which is bleh).
I'm working on a story called Return, but I'm often distracted by other projects.

I write way too much. Whatever. What do you peoples think of this?

Slumber Calls

0
Sleep, it calls to me, begs me to close my eyes and slip into its warm bleakness. My eyelids flutter and fall shut. Suddenly, they snap back open.
   Don't fall asleep. You can't fall asleep.
   If I sleep, I may never wake up. I may love it too much to fully regain consciousness. That scares me. I've often felt tired, but I've warned to never close my eyes for too long. Because once you let yourself become vulnerable, someone will come along and finish you off.
    I’ve heard stories though.
    Some people claim that sleep is blissful. They say it’s one of the greatest things out there. They sleep all of the time. Most of them never stop sleeping. None of them die, they just never awake.
    Sleep is a drug. It’s the most dangerous one out there. Sleeping is addictive and people crave it. But once you start, it’s nearly impossible to stop. And then you could miss out on years of your life, provided you ever wake up.
    Sleep, it calls to me, begs me to close my eyes.
    And I let it take me away to happier place.
    One without war. One without orphans. No sicknesses and diseases. No famine. No evil governments. I go to a perfect, delusional world.
    All I’ve ever know is rationality, but in sleep, even that is gone.

They find me three days later and shake their heads. “Just another druggie,” they say.
    But I can’t hear them.
    Because I am in a happier place.