Jessica thingy knife copy 20151228 211745

Jacie XP

Hello pedestrians! Jacie XP here just being awesome like usual!
I'm a teen girl trapped by school (which is bleh).
I'm working on a story called Return, but I'm often distracted by other projects.

Ha ha, yes. I haven't even looked at my homework due tomorrow. Oh well. Even if I fail English, I'll at least have been spending my time writing.
So, what do you people think of this one?

Little, Red Balloon

In the midst of an ice storm, a little, red balloon floated out into the sky. No one knew where it came from. People stood by their windows, watching the balloon's slow ascent. Ice daggers zipped by all around it, but the ballon remained unscatched. Little children watched in awe, frost melting where they had their small hands pressed up against the window panes. How far would this little, red balloon make it? Was it a sign that the storm was letting up? No one could tell. It was one of those things that fate determined.
    The balloon continued to rise. A thin layer of ice seemed to form on the thin rubber. Snowflakes fluttered around it. It was like the little, red balloon had it very own force field protecting it from the storm. This seemingly insignificant sight took the people’s breath away.
    But the balloon’s story took a turn for the worse.
    A perfectly aimed chunk of ice sliced right through that balloon like it was made of butter. Some people turned away from their windows with tears in their eyes. That little, red balloon has become a symbol for them in that short period of time.
    And now it was gone, taking all hope of a calming storm with it.