Amelia :)

Hello! I'm Amelia, and I'm a feminist who loves to write:)

The Monster Under the Bed

Hisssssssss....  The  soft muttering failed to cease, even as Emma desperately clutched her ears. Emma shuddered, and cautiously looked around her room, searching in the shadows for for The Monster. The Monster only came at night, out from under her bed after her mommy left. Maybe The Monster won't come tonight... Emma thought, staring intently into her closet. Click. A long clawed hand slowly reached out from the bed and tapped on the floor. The Monster was here. 
    "Mommy! Mommy!" Emma yelled at the top of her lungs, quickly retreating under her blankets. Emma shivered, goosebumps traveling up her arm. The weight at the edge of the bed shifted, and she could feel someone- something- slowly slivering up by her feet. Emma whimpered, clutching her teddy bear, her heart beating rapidly in her chest.
    Swoosh.  The door was thrust open and yellow light flooded into her room. As quickly as it came, The Monster curled up, and disappeared under Emma's bed. 
    "Emma, honey, what is it?" Emma's mom tip-toed into her room, and sat at the edge of the bed- right where the monster had been.  
    "Mommy, The Monster is back. He's under my bed!" Emma cried, still shaking. 
"Listen, honey, this is all in your imagination. You need to sleep!" Emma's mom stared with concern into her daughters eyes, and she started stroking her hair. Slowly, Emma's shaking began to die down, and her tears stopped.
"Mommy, do you promise he won't come again?" Emma whispered her mind unable to stop thinking about the long claws tiptoing on her floor.
"I promise." 
Finally, content, Emma rested her head on her pillow, her heart rate slowing.  But just as Emma finally closed her eyes, she could almost swear she saw one of the shadows start to move.... 

• Nonny21

Wonderful! Great job!!!

• Marie

So. CREEPY. "The Monster was here." Aah! "Emma shivered, goosebumps traveling up her arm." So vivid! "[...] clutching her teddy bear [...]" Such a great detail! "The door was thrust open and yellow light flooded the room." Your descriptions are just so GOOD! And then that bone-chilling ending...

• CreativeAngel

Omg i think that actually happens in real life. Exactly what happens. Your parents say there's nothing hen there is something..