Mr. Colin E.

Hey everybody, I'm now a Senior Peer Reviewer for Write The World.com. Former Write The World young writer, now mentoring other WTW young writers through peer reviewers! Wish me luck and hoping you make wonderful pieces!

Just wanted to make a minor edit, it's all good now.

Love Like You, A Hades And Persephone Story

2
Description: It's Hades and Persephone's wedding anniversary, a most special occasions for the rulers of the underworld. Hades has a wonderful present for his wife, something that expresses how much he loves her. I do not own the rights to Steven Universe, but I do own this story.

Rated: K+ ( for kissing)

Persephone entered the Underworld that afternoon on a crisp September morning in 2018. It was the beginning of her six months with her beloved husband, Hades and she couldn't have been happier to be back. Now, Persephone loved being up on lush Earth and despite her mother Demeter driving her crazy with her overprotective nature, she loved her. But, Persephone felt at home in the Underworld, especially when she was with Hades. She walked up to the shore of the River Styx, where Charon the immortal ferry man was waiting for her.

" Good afternoon, Queen Persephone." Charon said politely " Welcome back to the Underworld."

" Thank you, Charon." Persephone said as she got onto the boat.

Suddenly, Persephone noticed that Charon was dressed differently today. He was wearing a formal black tuxedo that perfectly fit his figure and wore fine white gloves. This was strange because Charon never dressed up unless there was some kind of formal event going on.

" Um, Charon," Persephone asked curiously " why are you wearing a tuxedo?"

" Oh this?" Charon said gesturing to his suit " I'm wearing this to a special event going on in the Underworld today."

" And that is?" Persephone said holding her hand out for help.

" You'll see, my queen." Charon said cryptically.

The journey to Hades's palace was fairly quick and Persephone could tell things were out of the ordinary. Cerberus wasn't guarding the entrance to the Underworld, the Fields of Asphodel and the Elysian Fields were empty, and the cursed souls in Tartarus were gone. What was happening?

Charon led Persephone through the palace halls and into the ballroom where Hades and Persephone held great events on occasion. Charon opened the door and inside, there was a sight that took Persephone's breath away. The ballroom was filled with souls enjoying a grand party, good or evil. Cerberus was lying on the ground being petted by the shades of mortal children, which made the three headed dog wag his tail. A musical band was playing jazz music, Hades's favorite genre, led by Orpheus himself with his wife Eurydice singing back up. Thanatos was dancing with some Lampades. Hecate was over by the buffet table, drinking some ambrosia and chatting with Minthe, who once had been punished by Persephone for flirting with Hades, but was later resurrected as a goddess. Askalaphos, the gardener of the dead, was munching on a ripe apple while speaking with Tantalus, who was practically stuffing his face due to having not eaten in thousands of years. The Furies, as violent as they came, were docile for the first time in centuries and Nyx was laughing at a joke told by the Judges of the Dead. Hypnos was sound asleep in a chair, quietly dreaming. Even the Olympians and the titans were at the event. Hanging on the ceiling, was a large banner that said Happy Anniversary Hades and Persephone! Persephone felt a rush of happiness come over her, today was their anniversary. How could she have forgotten? At the center of the party, was Hades himself and the three wonderful children he'd had with Persephone, Macaria, Melinoe, and Zagreus.

Noticing his wife had arrived, Hades cleared his throat and said " Attention everyone, the woman of the hour has arrived. Welcome my lovely wife, Persephone."

All the party guests clapped happily as Persephone made her way into the room. It was a good thing she'd decided to dress nice today for Hades because she'd feel quite foolish if she hadn't.

" Happy anniversary, Persephone." Hades said as he gave his wife a kiss on the cheek.

Persephone blushed, both aroused and embarrassed, " Oh, Hades thank you! Forgive me, but I sort of forgot it was our anniversary." she said truthfully.

Hades chuckled, " Quite alright, my darling." He said kindly " I wanted this party to be a surprise anyway. Speaking of surprises, I have something for you, an anniversary gift."

" Hades, you're so sweet!" Persephone said " What did you plan on giving me this year?"

" Allow me to show you." Hades said as he walked upon the stage that the band was playing on and went over to the piano.

Hades took to microphone and said " Persephone, you and I have been together for thousands of years. Though we may have had a slightly rocky beginning, we had a fairy tale ending. I never thought that I could ever deserve someone like you, but you make me feel like I can. You're the perfect and only woman for me, that much is true. And now, I'm going to play you a song that expresses just how lucky I feel to have you in my life. Macaria helped me pick out the song and it's perfect. So, here it is. I hope you enjoy it."

Hades sat down and began playing the piano. He had always been good at it and was only equalled in skill by that of Apollo. It was a beautiful, romantic tune he was playing and Persephone knew right away what song it was. It was Love Like You from the t.v show, Steven Universe. Persephone felt her heart accelerate as Hades started to sing.

‚ÄčIf I could begin to be

Half of what you think of me

I could do about anything

I could even learn how to love

When I see the way you act

Wondering when I'm coming back

I could do about anything 

I could even learn how to love

Like you

I always thought I might be bad

Now I'm sure that it's true

'cause I think you're so good

And I'm nothing like you 

Look at you go

I just adore you

I wish that I knew

What makes you think I'm so special

If I could begin to do 

Something that does right by you

I could do about anything I could even learn how to love

When I see the way you look

Shaken by how long it took

I could do about anything

I could even learn how to love

Like you

Love me like you

Hades finished the song with grace and the crowd erupted in applause and cheers. Persephone had never felt so touched in her entire life. This was the sweetest, most romantic thing anyone had ever done for her. Persephone raced up on stage and kissed Hades right on the lips. Hades melted instantly into the kiss and even though he'd done this a thousand times, it felt like the first time when he was with her. The moment the broke apart, Hades showed more emotion than he'd shown in years. His face was full of happiness and adoration for his wife.

" Happy anniversary, my love." Persephone said as she rested her head on his chest.

" Happy anniversary, my special one." Hades said as he wrapped his arms around her.

It was one of the most romantic moment in the history of love and everyone knew it was true love between the two of them. Pure True Love. The end.
This is just a lovely story I wanted to write. Enjoy it!

• Mr. Colin E.

Thanks so much, this made my day. I haven't gotten any comments lately and this brightened me up. I might make some edits to this story, but it's fine for now

• CreativeAngel

Awww <3
    I love it!