Suri Purefoy

"Step into a scene and let it drip from your fingertips." MJ Bush
Be the person you can only be. Write what only you can write. Never look back. You have something that you and only you can put into the world. So don't hold it back. Let it shine!

Let me know what you think. Thanks for reading!

Caged by a Pest

I didn't like it at first. The hideous monster that writhed around my ankles, and bit at my fingers. It would crawl up my back and dig into my shoulder and nibble at my ear, teeth sharp. It would wrap it's tail tight around my wrists and tug. It was  the ocean, I was a broken boat. But I slowly got used to it. I liked dancing around, running away from its seemingly playful bite. I liked the feel of its teeth in my ear. I decided that my wrists would grow stronger. No need to worry. I was learning to like it.
When they took it away, I felt betrayed, abandoned. I fought for it. I had grown so accustomed of its playful presence. I had started to like  its tricky game, and its compliments that every bite whispered. I liked it. I didn't want to lose it. 
It cried for me, told me I was nothing without it. Told me I would die because I couldn't do it without it there by me. Then it was gone.
And I felt this weight lift off my body. Those feelings went away. And I felt good. I realized that it had been holding me back. All the compliments had been a way to manipulate me to want it to stay. I realized that it had been hurting me to the point of numbness. Where I thought it was helping me somehow, it's whole purpose had been to cut, to bruise, to drag me down, and to break until I shattered. It had locked me in darkness. And letting it go freed me to light.

• February 23, 2018 - 1:11am (Now Viewing)