† Skyward Bound †

Just a wandering INFP who finds solace in the silence and expresses her voice on paper in a world filled with paper-thin voices.
Be bright, be beautiful, and most of all, be YOU! You were sculpted by the sculptor of the stars; glow, you miracle you!

I know that this isn't the best piece out there, nor do I expect it to be, but I would just like to say that ANY feedback is more than welcome. I worked hard on this piece, and I would really like to hear what you think of it! Any things I need to fix? Any advice or encouraging words? If so, don't be afraid to let me know. I need and love feedback and constructive criticism! Thank you! ;3

All of Us

They told you that monsters were fake, too, didn't they? Just figments of your poor traumatized mind. Well let me tell you, they are wrong. Monsters are real. They're everywhere. And these monsters? They can't be abated by the hushings of a mother or the faint glow of a nightlight.
I've seen the bits of them that most people miss. The quick flicker of a forked tongue from pale lips. Eyes crackling with ice and fire beneath a forced smile. Curved claws emerging from cracked fingernails. I've seen them all, despite their sudden disappearance, remaining only for a flicker of time, a warp in reality. But I still notice.

They say I'm crazy, but that's just a matter of o..opinion. A change of subject or dismissive wave of hand will not abate them; labeling the cold truth something more pleasant won't help. These monsters are cunning, cruel. They slip inside you when you least expect it and whisper lies that root in your brain like weeds, choking out any remains of light or goodness that ever existed there in the first place until all you can hear and all you can think are the echoes of their devilish laughter on replay.

And these monsters won't hide in the dark, they are the dark. The kind that is thick and heavy like pudding, swallowing everything. It will tighten around your throat to watch you spasm on the floor with a twisted grin. This Darkness is...oh? Think I missed that, did you? I see that look in your eyes that I've seen in the eyes of thousands. No need to explain what we both know so intimately, now is there? These monsters? They are the worst kind, the kind that hunts weak and strong alike: the monsters inside all of us.
Hope you enjoyed! Any constructive criticism or feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks and God bless! ;3

• † Skyward Bound †

Thank you so much Nezi! About the o...opinion, I put that in there like the narrator was searching for a word, opinion, and they were a tad bit insane, so stuttering I felt would kind of add to that? Well, anyways, thanks again!! I really enjoy any and all feedback. Keep writing and God bless!! ;3

• nezi_nes

Wow, this is so good. I especially like the personification (or monsterification?) you make at the beginning with the forked tongues and the eyes and the claws. The end came as a surprise to me as well with these monsters hiding inside of us. The only thing I found a bit confusing is the "o...opinion". Was it stuttering? The narrator seems pretty confident though so it confused me. All in all, amazing job and I love this piece!

• AbigailSauble

Extremely well-written! You build up the suspense until the end where you reveal where the true monsters lie.
    Bravo!

• † Skyward Bound †

Thank you. ^.^

• Kahasai

Ooh . . . Good job.