Peer Review by † Skyward Bound † (United States)

The Technical Guide to Being a Samurai: Chapter One

By: Lee Fudge

Chapter One: Becoming a Samurai. 

If you are reading this guide, you either live in feudal Japan, your country is in a rather large civil war, or you just simply, for some reason, want to be a samurai. 

Whatever the case, you need help. This guide will teach you many things.

- How to find a master.
- How to obtain and keep honor.
- How to survive a battle.
- How to make a wonderful ramen bowl.

Let’s start with the very first thing you need to do: be born. You can not do anything without being born. Next you must grow to the age of 13 to 17. Then you must find a master.

A master will teach you literally everything in your life. They also be your father figure, regardless if you have a father. To find a master, you must do the flowing in the order said.

- Go to a nearby village.
- Stand on top of a tower and yell ‘I need a master!’.
- Get a noise complaint.
- Visit a temple, pray to the deity of your choosing.
- Have said deity shun you.
- Wonder where you parents are.
- Ask someone where you can find a master.

Once you find one, go to their place of residence. They will attack you. This is a introductory test, one that you will fail. If they see potential in you, they will offer dinner and a room.

Any feedback is great.

I really like the lines such as "How to make a wonderful ramen bowl," and "you cannot do anything without being born." These show the reader how bluntly and humorously you write, and they made me laugh. Great job!

Umm... happy, I guess. This made me smile and laugh, and it was fun and entertaining to read. Seems like the kind of children books you used to read as a kid if you know what I mean. The kind that is made to make people smile and laugh. Kudos :)

I would ask: How do you come up with this stuff?! You're really good, and it seems like the most random thing you take from your brain and make it hilarious. Great job, I love reading your stuff! Second question: Are you going to continue this? Becuase I look forward to it if you do.

Your voice comes out very clearly in your writing, and you've enriched it with humor, which some take a long time TRYING to do. I enjoy how casual and natural your words are, and enjoy reading every bit of it. Though, you may want to work a bit on your wording. Some of your sentences could be improved a bit, by following the basic rules of sentence flow. Of course, that's just me. Keep writing and God bless! ;3