Lumisade

A humble young storyteller who loves sunny days, brightly colored cacti, the ocean, and you.

This is just a little excerpt, but I'm thinking of putting the complete work-in-progress (oh, that's a lovely oxymoron) up here, if this interests anyone. Constructive criticism is always greatly welcomed and appreciated!

Excerpt from Ethereal

4
"Listen. Close your eyes and listen."

Curious, I closed my eyes and stood perfectly still next to her. I listened, and heard the world going on around us as it always did. The sounds of civilization pulsed and hummed throughout the surrounding atmosphere. But I had learned to shut that out. After years of living in the midst of it, it was nothing but white noise. Straining to hear more, I listened to the sounds of the soft breeze dancing and weaving around us, and I could even hear the it playing in the treetops in the park, rustling the leaves and carrying them lightly as they descended to the ground. It made me smile; I loved that place.

“It's beautiful, isn't it?”

My wispy reverie faded at the sound of Cat's voice; I opened my eyes and glanced at her. She stood with her hands tucked into her jacket pockets and her head lifted to the breeze as it ruffled her pale golden hair. Her eyes were still closed, but the expression on her face was of pure bliss. In that moment, she was too beautiful for words. The joy she held in her heart was unlike anything I'd ever witnessed, and it radiated through her entire being. My own heart felt light and euphoric, just seeing her. I smiled, and went back to listening.

“It is,” I agreed. “You can almost hear the sun shining.”
This is an excerpt from my pride and joy, my work-in-progress novel known as Ethereal. I'm considering putting everything I've got of it so far on here, but I thought I'd start with one or a few excerpts just to see if it actually interested anyone. It's written from the perspective of my darling Kit, a young boy whom I dreamed up a while back, and his character has developed so much and I just adore him. Okay, I'll stop now. Thank you so much for reading!! It means the world to me!

1

"'You can almost hear the sun shining'". Yesss that is a perfect line. I love this! Great work!

• AbigailSauble

This totally interests me. ;) Please keep posting more excerpts!

• † Skyward Bound †

This is great! I've said this before, but I must say it again, bravo! I really love reading your writing, almost so much that I wish the words would never stop. Just a bit of encouragement from one aspiring author to another: keep writing! Of course, this is all just my opinion, but know that I would love to devour a book like this if it's ever published. Great work!