camlily

hi there

This is my first-ever entry in a competition of any kind, so I would really appreciate it if you guys could give me some feedback! Thanks for checking this piece out- that alone I'm thankful for :) <3 <3 <3

The Darkness

Dear Diary,
I was fourteen when I first noticed the darkness.
The darkness wasn't overly noticeable- to me, it simply looked like small patches of blackish grey.  Anyone could have mistaken the darkness for dirt or grime. 
When I asked my mom to clean the patches, she looked at me like I was crazy and scolded me for telling lies.  That was the first time I realized that I was the only one who could see the darkness.  And when I tried to clean it myself, it wouldn't come off.  
I'm fifteen now. The darkness is starting to take over my house- the only place I've ever seen it- and there are at least 30 splotches in every room.  They cover up paintings, pictures, and walls, turning them cold and black as night.  I've gotten better at ignoring the darkness, but every day it spreads more.  

"Hollie! Dinner!"  my mother shouts, interrupting me from documenting my day in my new diary.  My English teacher suggested it to me to help with my writing; I'm just thankful I don't have to share it with her.
I run downstairs to the smell of delicious spaghetti and meatballs sitting on the dining room table (which, by the way, is also turned black).  I sit down, my mouth watering.  
"How was your day, sweetie?" my mother walks into the room, carrying her own dish of noodles.  
"Good," I say automatically.  It's the only response I ever give my mother when she asks that question, so I'm not sure why she still does. 
"Great!" she replies, and I watch as she twirls the spaghetti around her fork.  But as she does, I notice a small dark dot the size of a pin head on her hand. 
And it's growing bigger. 
And bigger. 
And bigger.
Exactly 299 words woohoo!!   

• camlily

OMG thank you so much!! I usually don't write short stories but I think I will continue! :))

This sent shivers down my spine. I love the ending and beginning and basically the whole piece!

• † Skyward Bound †

Wow, this is really good! I love the diary approach, and it's funny because I too have exactly 299 words. But I just have to say I originally had like three-hundred-and-forty-something, and it was a P A I N to cut down to the word limit. Great job! Keep writing and God bless! ;3

• camlily

Also I can see what you're writing right now and really want to see it!! :)

• camlily

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• camlily

YESSSSS I REALLY WANT ONEEE

• CreativeAngel

ooo me likey. Camryn want a cookie?

• camlily

omg thank you so much!!! the feedback is really appreciated ;)

• Plausible.Poems

This was super interesting to read!

• camlily

:O that is weird....

• Kaitlyn ❄

THIS IS CREEPY......
    I got 299 words too!