Screenshot 2018 09 18 at 8.55.42 pm

LackingASocialLife

No longer social-life-less

My goal is to reach a status of fame where I mention that I had a Write The World account and fans go on a hunt just to find the cringey teenage relics.

Until then, keep making me proud, y'all.
I will miss you.

If you gain nothing from my pieces, at least understand this:

Treat people with some fricken respect you twats.
Unless they steal your food then by all means lead the way

I have a plan

17
As a christian, something that has bothered me for a long time is the homosexuality debate. I believe it isn't a sin, or that, if it is, you don't condemn the person for doing it. But I've come to a decision. Firstly, let me point out some things.

There seems to be a common uprising of Christians forgetting what christianity is. God tells us to accept one another, since we aren't perfect, yet there are children murdered when they come out by their religious parents. He tells us that all sins are the same, yet people gloss over lies and vomit at the sight of two people of the same gender just loving each other.
Clearly, something is flawed.
So, I have a plan. I'm going to decide for myself. Not take anybody else's word for it, not my parents or my pastors. After all, humans are blinded by sin.
The only good christian I know is one of my teachers. She always reminds us not to laugh at others beliefs, not to disrespect anyone for not being like us. Because what good will that bring? 
I respect her with all my heart. So I am going to do what she says- decide for myself.
I, alone, am going to read the bible front to back and pick out every. verse. Every one that mentions homosexuality and love and anything thats for and against it. I'm then going to research those verses in other languages to assure there is no mis-translation and I'm going to remember that some laws stated in the old testament no longer apply.
I'm assuming I'm going to be pleasently surprised. That homosexuality, is indeed NOT a sin. That the ones who have fed me their beliefs are wrong.
From what I know so far, the only "sin" is SLEEPING WITH someone of the same gender. Of which even that may be debunked.
THERE IS NO VERSE AGAINST LOVING THE SAME GENDER. NONE THAT I'VE FOUND. But I will have to continue to look through and decide for myself.

But, no matter my answer, something will stay the same.
No matter what religion or sexuality, we must love and accept one another. We must stop this hate. Homosexuals exist. They aren't flaws of humanity. God made them to be that way. Why shame them for that?

If you are a christian with questions, I recommend you decide them for yourself too.
Sorry this is all over the place, I'm tired...

• February 17, 2018 - 5:42am (Now Viewing)

• Plausible.Poems

There is a theory that the part where is says "man shall not play with man" got a little mixed up in translation. It was translated from hebrew which originally put it as "man shall not lay with boy" (pedophilia). I saw a few articles about this a while back and I thought it was interesting.

• AbigailSauble

http://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/6-9.htm
    Here's the link.

• AbigailSauble

Actually, honestly, please, please look up all the different translations for that verse. You'll get tons of translations, but they'll all clear up many things. Thanks!!!

• AbigailSauble

I found your answer. Look up 1 Corinthians 6:9. NIV, or NKJV would probably be the best versions for you to look it up. And read that whole chapter. It's really good, addressing the issues you are searching.

• Unapologetic Regret

I 100% agree with your thinking — the most important rule is to love one another as you would love yourself. You'd think it wasn't so hard, but hey, I guess a lot of people just can't get it.

• Glytch Montoya

WOW!
    Reading through the entire bible? Daaaaaaaaaaang! That seems like quite the challenge!
    ...Sooooo, uh, good luck, I guess?

• Bellbell030

Hey Georgia! I totes agree with this. BTW this is Bella.

• whyismynamesara

I completely agree. All the stuff where people are like "I feel like God told me to vote no" is bull. Even if God did disapprove of it he would not stop them from doing it. I mean, if God stopped us from doing all the things that he disapproved of then we practically wouldn't have a life. Then there's also divorce, churches have divorce programs yet they scold those who believe the LGBTQ+ community should not be able to be themselves. Which literally makes no sense. You can't say "that's different because they don't love each other." Well, fun fact genius the LGBTQ+ don't love certain people either. hence why they're apart of that community.

• RainAndSonder

I'm also part of the GSA community (it stands for Gender and Sexuality Acceptance; I use it in place of LGBT because it's more inclusive) and honestly it's just unbelievable. It's ridiculous being being GSA doesn't affect a person that's not GSA at all, and yet they for some reason make a big deal out of it. Good luck researching!

• LackingASocialLife

I haven't started research yet, but just an update- My mum and I were having an argument over one of my friends who's gay. She believed he shouldn't be able to sing on stage for church. I reminded her that homosexuals CAN be Christian. And then she let something slip about him not being old enough to be in a sexual relationship anyways, so she guesses it's fine.
    They KNOW that the verses only mention sleeping with the same gender. They KNOW that we're talking HomoSEXUALITY. NOT homoromance. But, they'd also know that a lot of young children don't know that homosexuality just means sexual attraction- not romantic attraction. So, when they say homosexuality is a sin, they are leaving out details. Which, is a form of lying, which is in turn a sin.
    THEY ARE TEACHING YOUNGER GENERATIONS SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT WHILST REMOVING VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION.
    I can't WAIT to have all this searching done. I will for sure make sure many can hear it. Maybe a youtube video?

• LackingASocialLife

Exactly! I fail to understand some of my Christian collegues who don't accept homosexuality and then I come out as asexual and none of them care!
    "I guess it can't be helped." One of them said. I was furious. NOBODY can be helped. It's not a thing TO "help."

• Kaitlyn ❄

Also, I was thinking about what you said and I just remembered, you're asexual. Both you and I and any transgender person are all part of the LGBTQIA community and I think that none of us should be condemned or discriminated against.

• RainAndSonder

So I also stumbled upon a bit of research on the topic, and according to what I've found the only passage that mentions homosexuality is in Leviticus. However, Leviticus also condemns many other things, such as wearing something made of multiple types of fabric or something like that. Most Christians do not follow this rule and many other rules in Leviticus, so why this passage?

• AbigailSauble

Of course you can love other people! It's one of God's commandments. ;) You just have to remember that ever since the beginning, it was one man and one woman. You're right that some laws in the Bible don't apply to Americans. But those are mainly offerings and food.
    I'm glad that you're looking through the Bible for this. :) It's a great thing to do.
    I'll be praying for you as you go through it! God bless!

• Kaitlyn ❄

Yes, I agree Georgia! You're really a great person. I happen to be bisexual and I believe that Aussie is talking about me ;) Yeah, we kind of have a thing. Anyway, great job for taking this into your own hands. That's really what you need to do in this kind of situation. Congratulations on the brilliance ;)

• Aussie23

I really really really like this piece! Oh and Si Nuo, even if I did believe that I couldn't ever remove the person I love because she's my best friend. Again AMAZING piece!!!!!!!

• SI NUO DEBORAH CHIA

As a young Christian, I struggle with this myself a lot too. Almost every adult Christian around me, especially my pastor, is against homosexuality, and for (personally) quite an acceptable reason -- God specifically created for a man and a woman to love and be together, and we shouldn't defy that. My pastor also mentioned that these feelings of the opposite gender are caused by being too curious with your own body from young, but whether that is ALWAYS true, honestly, how can we be sure? He may have gotten this from God, but we all have to decide for ourselves, whether by prayer, seeking, articles or books.

On a separate note, if God condemned sleeping with someone of the same gender (1 Corinthians 6:9-10, 1 Timothy 1:8-10 among other verses, you can find them online), He would, according to my understanding, equally condemn loving someone of the same gender. In the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5-7), He tells us that He focuses not only on one's outward actions but also on one's heart. He also says to remove whatever part of you is causing you to sin, suggesting that He wants us to remove the root of our sin, which in this case, is loving someone of the same gender.

Nevertheless, Jesus loved everyone, and we are called to too. Where you stand on this issue is ultimately your choice. I hope this helped you a little.

• Lyell

Seeing this is refreshing dude. Thanks for your nice words on my thingy.

Side note I met set It Off yesterday and they were the sweetest people ever. My friend and I talked with the lead singer about music theory and it was amazing and I could go on but ima cut myself off