yapyapxy

Senior Peer Reviewer
the world is wide enough

This is a post to remember the journey of progress I made on Write the World, it's not so much a creative piece per se. Hope everyone never stops doing what makes you happy!

Here's a quote from Anne of Green Gables that I think sums up the mood of this post:
“Dear old world', she murmured, 'you are very lovely, and I am glad to be alive in you.”

And another quote, to keep you going:
“The world calls them its singers and poets and artists and storytellers; but they are just people who have never forgotten the way to fairyland.”

A Post to Remember

1
I have enjoyed every moment spent here over the brief past two years. I still remember the first time one of my work was mentioned on their blog during the 2016 Flash Fiction competition. I was incredibly excited -- after all, people want their art to be noticed, their work to be validated. So I kept at it, writing and giving peer reviews. It was through both that I found my way to winning the peer review segment for 2017 Writing for Children competition. I remember Angelina Nguyen's piece distinctly, partially because it reminded me so much of The Little Prince. And I was a shameless huge fan of her work. (Angelina if you're reading this, do you still remember the brief conversation we had? The offer still stands; I can bring you around Singapore if you ever do visit here!)

Not long after, I was featured as a writer. Although my mother had initially been sceptical and hesitant to trust the site, she agreed as she knew how much it meant to me. It happened, and when she saw it with her own two eyes she was so proud she printed out the page. There was a time, too, when I was asked to contribute a piece for the environment prompt Your Voice: Climate Change. I felt honoured and kind of glad I got to know how these sort of things happened -- I had always wondered and hadn't known where to ask.

I almost couldn't believe it when I received the email that they would like to feature my piece in the second publication of Write the World Literary Journal. For me, this was a huge milestone as it would be the first time ever that I'd have something published under my name in hardcopy. And to give my first to Write the World, the community that has given me so much? I was more than happy to do so. The Singapore side organised a meet-up and sharing session for the Singaporean writers, and I went along with two other writers (ChasingFireBadlander and S_MGK99) I'm thankful to have met! 

Even though I feel old for being nineteen here now haha, I'd probably still drop in to check on the writers I follow and maybe review some writing (not for competitions this time but because I genuinely like the pieces)! Of course, I won't stop writing -- cue shameless self-promotion -- in my bio, I shared that I finally decided to start a blog. I'm DaybreakandtheUniverse on WordPress and we be friends there if you have WordPress too! Or you can contact me via the blog.

I can't wait to see what life has in store. Just like my favourite quote from Anne of Green Gables:

" I don't know what lies around the bend, but I'm going to believe that the best does."
I tried to be chronological but to be honest, things kind of flew by really quickly.

I bolded the hyperlinks too, just in case.