Binary code icon 2

Glytch Montoya

I've been writing short stories and poems independently for a while now. In fact, whenever I get the chance, I work on my short stories, for which I use the word "short" VERY loosely. I'm looking forward to seeing your opinions!

Part 2!!!

Heartographer (2)

9
[WARNING!!!: The following piece is the second installment of this rather new story. If you have not read the first heart--I mean part, please do so BEFORE reading this heart--I mean PART! ...You know what I mean.] 
[OTHER KIND OF UNNECESSARY WARNING!!!: This installment contains love. If love offends you, I must advise two things: First, get that checked out; it can't be healthy. Second, DON'T READ THIS IF IT OFFENDS YOU!!! It literally has the word "heart" in the title.] 

[SETTING: Mendelburg High School, England, Earth -17. 12:02pm, Tuesday, February 11th, 2001.] 
[GLYTCH and TIM appear at the high school, but they are invisible and intangible! (From our perspective, as well as their own, they are merely translucent.)] 
[GLYTCH is incredibly disoriented by the sudden shift.] 
[GLYTCH]: Whoa, that was trippy! And I thought the regular dimensional shifts were disorienting! 
[TIM]: It's always disorienting the first time, no matter what you're doing, if it involves interdimensional travel or time travel of any sort. Now, once you're done with that, pay attention to where we are. Or, more specifically, WHEN we are! 
[GLYTCH gets a hold of his metaphorically spinning head, and he finally notices his new environment, which is definitely NOT the ancient jungle shrines of Pala-sk'OOT. Then, he is startled to discover his own translucency!] 
[GLYTCH]: What the FLUX?! Am I a ghost?! 
[TIM]: Technically, yes and no. You and I are now Dimensional Specters. 
[GLYTCH]: OOOOOOOOH, I should've known that it would make us like this if it turned us into "specters," which is another term for ghosts. 
[TIM]: Yes, now please, pay attention! 
[GLYTCH]: ...Wait, is this...? 
[TIM]: Mendelburg High School, England, Earth -17. 12:02pm, Tuesday, February 11th, 2001. 
[GLYTCH]: ...I haven't been born yet. 
[TIM]: No, you have not. You won't be born for another two months, eight days, and two hours... On Earth -27. Now, look over there. 
[GLYTCH looks where TIM is pointing, and he sees a young man (about 16 years old or so) with blue jeans, a white collared shirt, messy black hair, greenish-bluish eyes, and glasses. He is walking around the commons, reading a book. It is obvious who this is, but GLYTCH still feels the need to ask.] 
[GLYTCH]: Wait, is... Is that who I think it is? 
[TIM]: Indeed. You are now observing a young Timothy Caspian Follow. Look how full of life I was. Pep in my step, eyes full of wonder. I always had my head in the clouds, and my nose in a book. 
[GLYTCH]: Hey, I used to walk around reading all the time! 
[TIM]: Really? What made you stop? 
[GLYTCH]: I started writing. 
[TIM]: Is that so? 
[GLYTCH]: Yeah, under the name... Uh, Glytch Montoya. 
[TIM]: Oh, yes, of course, "Glytch." Eugh, I'm sorry, it's just not a natural word for me. 
[GLYTCH]: Don't worry, I understand. I'm sure there's some extremely British word that I can't say... Even though "glitch" was technically of Yiddish origin, but whatever! 
[YOUNG TIM]: Wow! I did NOT see that coming! This book is SMASHING! 
[TIM]: I remember that book. Sampson Storm, by J.R. Romanov. 
[GLYTCH]: Never heard of it. 
[TIM]: That's because it's an Earth -17 original. Oh! Now look over there! 
[GLYTCH]: Wait, can they hear us? 
[TIM]: No, and they can't see us, either. Think of us as actual ghosts! 
[GLYTCH]: Well, some ghosts can interact with the mortal world. I mean, poltergeists? 
[TIM]: ...Okay, bad comparison. Think of us less as Dimensional Specters, and more as Dimensional Spectators. 
[GLYTCH]: OOOOOOH! Observing, but not participating! So, it's like when I watch YouTube videos? I'm watching, and it feels like I'm there, but I can't interact with the people there? 
[TIM]: Exactly! Now, look! 
[GLYTCH looks, and he sees a 16-year-old girl who is also reading Sampson Storm. She has long, flowing brown hair, crystal clear blue eyes, glasses, a pink blouse, and sparkly blue jeans.] 
[GLYTCH]: Wait, is that her? 
[TIM]: Yes. That, my friend, is Charlotte Lead. 
[GLYTCH]: Wait, Follow and Lead? 
[TIM]: Uncanny, isn't it? Now, observe. You are about to witness something incredible. 
[YOUNG CHARLOTTE]: Wow, that was an unexpected twist! This book is brilliant!
[YOUNG TIM and YOUNG CHARLOTTE are both too focused on their books to notice that they are walking right towards each other.] 
[Right then, some jerk jocks and mean girls trip YOUNG TIM and YOUNG CHARLOTTE, and they both fall and collide with each other, with the jerk jocks and mean queens laughing.] 
[YOUNG TIM and YOUNG CHARLOTTE both put their glasses back on, and try to help each other with their stuff.] 
[YOUNG TIM]: I am so sorry about that. Here, let me help...
[YOUNG CHARLOTTE]: No, it was my fault. Uh, here, your book. 
[YOUNG TIM]: No, that's YOUR book. 
[Right then, the two of them look into each others' eyes, and they freeze. They have a look that many have longed for.] 
[YOUNG TIM]: H-hi. 
[YOUNG CHARLOTTE]: Hello. 
[YOUNG TIM]: I'm Tim. 
[YOUNG CHARLOTTE]: Charlotte. Pleasure to meet you. 
[YOUNG TIM]: Oh, believe me, the pleasure's all mine. 
[TIM]: You see that look? That is a feeling that is one of a kind. The ancient tribe of Kah-SOON'tah called that feeling "Pah-SONT." The people of the Challenger Plains call it "The Once-Only." However, people such as you, as I recall, refer to that feeling as "Love at first sight." 
[GLYTCH]: Wow, that's so adorable! 
[TIM]: Yes, at first, I thought that those jerk jocks were exactly that: jerk jocks. But now, I realize that their cruelty was actually my charity. Because of them, I met... The One. 
[TIM sighs.] 
[TIM]: But then... It didn't last as long as I had hoped...
[GLYTCH]: What happened? 
[TIM]: Well, let's keep watching and find out, shall we? 
[So, they kept watching.] 

[To be continued...] 
Part 2!!! CAAAAAAAN YOU FEEEEEEEL THE LOOOOOOOVE TONIIIIIIIIIGHT?! 
...Sorry, I couldn't resist. 

• February 14, 2018 - 11:26am (Now Viewing)

• Kaitlyn ❄

And can you feel the love tonight? It is where we are
    It's enough for this wide-eyed wanderer that we got this far
    And can you feel the love tonight? How it's laid to rest
    It's enough to make kings and vagabonds believe the very best

• † Skyward Bound †

Great story! :D Hilarious and entertaining, as always. And honestly, I would have made the same reference.... heheh... Keep up the awesome work!

• -Foxmillionaire-

Ha nice, I just recently watched it again. Can't wait for the live action remake. (Or more like the CGI remake)

• Glytch Montoya

Aussie23, thank you!

Foxmillionaire!... Yes, yes I did.

• -Foxmillionaire-

Did you just refrence The Lion King?

• Aussie23

this is a good one!