Binary code icon 2

Glytch Montoya

I've been writing short stories and poems independently for a while now. In fact, whenever I get the chance, I work on my short stories, for which I use the word "short" VERY loosely. I'm looking forward to seeing your opinions!

New title! What do you think?

Who's the Real Monster?

...Can anybody hear me? Can you understand me? 
    My name is Skyzer. I'm a special kind of creature. Nobody seems to have the right word for me. I'm sort of like a combination of a zombie, skeleton, and ghost... Kind of like a revenant, from Irish folklore, but, without the whole "died and came back" and "vengeance" thing. I'm technically still alive... Well, as long as none of you get a hold of me. Everyone thinks that I'm a monster, but I'm not! I'm just... Different. There aren't any REAL monsters in the world, are there? It's a matter of perspective! 
    So I've got weirdly large eye sockets. So what? So I've got fangs! So what? My dentist didn't care! He still gave me braces when I needed them! If Dr. Schottz didn't care, why should you? 
    Rather than trying to off me, why not try to figure things out about me? Like my eyes? They can glow, you know. See? Isn't that a cool shade of blue? They glow when I want them to, or when I'm using my powers.
    ...Did I forget to mention that? Yeah, I have powers. Uh, tel-tele-something... Telekinesis! That's it! Telekinesis and... Teleportation! Yeah, my eyes handle those, too. My right eye controls my teleportation, and my left eye controls my telekinesis! Isn't that coo-OOOOOOWWWWWW!!! OWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWWW!!! SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?! 
    ...I just took a bullet to the right eye socket!!! OWWWWWW!!! 
    ...Well, there goes my teleportation. And my perfect sight streak. 
    ...Wait, what are you doing? BACK OFF! OUCH! STOP IT! 
    I was wrong! There ARE real monsters in this world! You just don't know where to look. You won't find them under your bed. You won't find them under bridges or in your closet. You'll find them... In the mirror. It's YOU! It's you! Y--------.....................

• Gabriel Goodwin

What a great piece! I wish you luck!

• Foxmillionaire!

Wow, I'm even punny when I'm not trying to be. What have I become....

• Glytch Montoya

I feel like there was an unintentionally dark pun in that.
    "Catch people's eye..." Like how Skyzer's eye caught something...
    (I hate myself for thinking of that immediately...)

• Foxmillionaire!

Ooh nice title. It'll totally catch people's eye.

• Aussie23

Scary, and sad, and true! :(