Binary code icon 2

Glytch Montoya

I've been writing short stories and poems independently for a while now. In fact, whenever I get the chance, I work on my short stories, for which I use the word "short" VERY loosely. I'm looking forward to seeing your opinions!

A new little story thing!

Rockwell (1)

4
...
...
...

Once, there was a little skeleton named Rockwell... 
    Rockwell was a very lonely skeleton. He was the size (and age) of a 12-year-old, and he was too scared to talk to the other monsters. 
    That goes DOUBLE for talking to the humans. 
    One day, while wandering around in an open field, Rockwell wasn't watching where he was walking. He ran into something. When he looked... He saw... A HUMAAAAAAN!!! 
    He had ran into a human, knocking both the human and himself down! He yelped and scooted back a little bit, but then, he discovered that the human was doing the same thing... 
    Rockwell then took a good look at the human, as the human did the same to him. The human was a little girl, probably around his age. She had black hair of a gender-neutral length, green eyes, scattered freckles, and a bit of mud on her face. She was wearing a grey button up sweater and muddy blue jeans. 
    Right then, the human stood up, and walked to Rockwell. Rockwell was scared, but the human wasn't anymore. (That makes sense, because, in terms of strength and endurance, humans are WAY stronger than monsters, even when they're children). 
    "Don't be afraid," said the human, who had a country accent. "I ain't gonna hurt'cha." 
    The human then held out her hand to help Rockwell up. He was so nervous, his teeth were chattering AND his bones were rattling! 
    Regardless, there was something about this human that made Rockwell feel... Safe. Secure... Friendly. 
    He accepted the human's offer to help him up. 
    "Where're all your friends?" the human asked. 
    "I, uh, don't have any," said Rockwell, who ALSO had a country accent. 
    "Hey, me neither," said the human. She then held out her hand to shake Rockwell's. 
    "I'm Dakota," said the human. 
    "I'm Rockwell," said Rockwell, shaking Dakota's hand. 
    "Can I call ya Rocky?" 
    "Uh, sure, I guess?" 
    "You talk kinda funny," said Dakota. "Why do ya talk like that?" 
    "Well, I think it's because I'm a skeleton," said Rockwell, "but I've never actually MET any other skeletons, so, I don't really know." 
    "Well, my daddy has some books about all kinds of monsters," said Dakota. "How about we ask him?" 
    "O-okay," said Rockwell, nervous to meet an adult human. 

I'm starting a new little thing! I was originally going to use it for the Monster Flash Fiction competition, but then, I realized that it was too long. So, I've dividing it up and posting it as a normal story! (Albeit with most of its parts being significantly shorter than most of my stories.) 

Let me know what you think! 

• February 12, 2018 - 11:25am (Now Viewing)

• RainAndSonder

"A HUMAAAAAAN!"
    I can relate to that and I'm not even a monster. Love this; it's a very entertaining story so far.

• f l o r a

This reminds me of Casper The Friendly Ghost
    This seems like a lot of fun!

• Lee Fudge

Writing about monsters is fun! I think vampires are the best to write about.