ollieollie

Um......hi

Over the past year, I defeated a fear of other people, learned the value of clarity and brevity, fought writer's block, and developed pride in my words.

Now I am a writer with a love for onomatopoeias and an affinity for semicolons.

I miss you.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Hello Friend

PROMPT: Signing Off

3
    It's been awhile. We texted for a little while about two months ago, right? Something about meeting up at the mall. Saturday at 4, I think it was going to be. It didn't happen. I'm sorry, I just felt like I was the only one putting in the effort. I hope you can forgive me.
    You told me that I saved your life. Maybe that was true, maybe not. We were both pretty broken. I just didn't let you see it in me because you're stronger than I am. At least you had the decency to let me help you. I was too terrified of not meeting everyone's expectations to let you know. I was too scared to be scared. Sorry you had to find out like this. I should have told you sooner.
    Do you remember what you wrote in my yearbook? Your handwriting is so small, and the pen smudged, but I know what it says. You called me your sister. I always wanted a sister. It was nice to finally have one. Keep in touch, and if I get lazy, hold me accountable. I tried. I tried so hard. I texted you, but you always seemed like you had something better to do. Now our groups are different. Our classes. Our lives. I guess that's what happens when people switch schools, huh?
    I'm sorry if I didn't try hard enough.
    I call everyone 'honey' now because of you. I don't know if you still call people that, but it rubbed off on me. A little piece of you blurts out every time I say it. I hope you don't mind that I kept it. I guess it's mine now. Thank you for that, and for everything else.
    I just have one more question. I don't expect an answer, but it feels right.

.....Did I do something wrong?

Olivia

(PS I wish I had the strength to really say this to you)

Wow, I can really feel this piece. It's very powerful.

• AbigailSauble

Love the emotion in this piece. Great work!