Cupo

Grace Mary Potts

My life is comprised of inconsistencies, daydreaming, procrastination techniques and occasionally, writing.

“You wrote down that you were a writer by profession. It sounded to me like the loveliest euphemism I had ever heard. When was writing ever your profession? It's never been anything but your religion." - J.D. Salinger

I would like to say this quote describes me but I'm one of those writers who just procrastinates all the time. More of a "writer" if I'm being honest. To those unfortunate enough to read my work: I very much appreciate any comment you can provide, particularly if it's the constructive kind.

New Years

0
My feet ached, soles sore from the long walk and toes stinging where they rubbed against the tip of my shoes. Around me the crowd thrummed with energy, noise and laughter spilling into the air unreserved, children were hopping up onto their father’s shoulders or bouncing at their parents’ feet. People were standing on grass and stone all the way along the bank of the river, as far back as the eye could see. I looked around me for a moment in contemplation before deciding to hell with it, and I kicked off my ballet flats, put them in my bag and buried my toes into the soft warm grass beneath my feet with a delighted sigh.

1