Glytch Montoya

I've been writing short stories and poems independently for a while now. In fact, whenever I get the chance, I work on my short stories, for which I use the word "short" VERY loosely. I'm looking forward to seeing your opinions!

Here you are! One genuine rant, courtesy of Glytch Montoya.

LASL's "Getting to Know Me" Writing Challenge (Day 3)

8
HEYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! This is my third part of this 7-day writing challenge presented by LackingASocialLife! Let's get right to it, shall we? 

"3. Rant about anything in particular" 

Hmm... Whatever shall I rant about...? How about the thief that is stealing my completed homework and replacing it with binary code? Yeah, a little while back, I stayed up late doing Chemistry homework, and I had a nosebleed at some point while I was working, so there were blood smears on my homework (that's kind of not important to the point of this story, though; it's just a bit of imagery). Once I finished it, I put it in my binder and went to bed. Then, the next day, I took out my homework for the teacher to check it, and she noticed the blood. She asked about it, and I said that I had a nosebleed. Then, I turned the sheet over, and, to my surprise, there were a bunch of ones and zeros written on that side of the sheet! I knew immediately that it must be binary code, but I don't know binary code. I recognize it, but I don't know it, you know? Some people suggested that maybe I did it in my sleep, but I'm not prone to somnambulism (and DEFINITELY not somniscription!). So, the current theory is that somebody took my Chemistry homework from my binder, wrote a bunch of binary code on the back of it, and put it back in my binder, all without being detected by me or anybody else... It seems highly unlikely, but it's the best theory we have. 
    Then, a few days later, when I was showing my teacher my homework, the last page was missing. Someone in my Chemistry class suggested that maybe it was the "Binary Bandit," which it could have been, despite the lack of binary code. This is kind of annoying, since I did the work, but I don't have it anymore. 
    Then, just the other day, I was showing my homework to my Chemistry teacher, and someone asked if there was any binary code on my homework again. Fortunately, that time, there wasn't. 
    Then, the very next day, when I was showing my homework to my teacher, I discovered that the Binary Bandit had struck again, and they were upping their game! This time, they had taken the last page of my homework, and they had replaced it with a typed sheet of binary code! They even re-stapled it in (almost) the exact same place! Once is a funny inconvenience. Twice is kind of annoying. But THRICE? That's asking for trouble. 
    So, some days later (but not many), I actually got the chance to sit down and take a crack at this mystery. I found a website online that can convert binary code into text, and after I typed in the binary code (which took a while, considering eight digits of binary code add up to one digit in regular text), I got this as a result: 

Sorry, Glytch...
6C704D1E2C95628416D42ED91E3354BD

Whoever it is, they refer to me by my pen name / screen name, so it has to be somebody who knows that I'm Glytch Montoya. I'm not sure if the "sorry" was meant to be apologetic or sarcastic, like a "sorry not sorry" thing. 
    Then, there's the matter of that other thing in the message. It looks like a random sequence of letters and numbers, but when I put it into an MD5 hash converter online and used the "reverse" function, the result was this url: 

http://i.imgur.com/IwoJS3l.png

I clicked on it, and I'll be honest, I wasn't sure what to expect. However, I DEFINITELY wasn't expecting THIS... I think the Binary Bandit was taunting me. Not only that, but that hash was also the result of deciphering the Morse Code that makes up Mettaton's sound bite in Undertale! This person is taking things that I like (codes, puzzles, and Undertale), and using them to spite me! I am SERIOUSLY ticked off about that! Who are they? Why are they doing this? Why binary code, of all the codes they could've chosen? (Well, for that one, my guess is that they chose that one because it's such a pain to translate). Why target ME? Why target my Chemistry homework specifically? WHY?!?! 

...
I think I've been ranting long enough. 
Three down, four to go! 

• February 5, 2018 - 6:15am (Now Viewing)

• LackingASocialLife

T H R I C E ? ! ? !

• -Foxmillionaire-

Clever, But I feel like this person took the joke a little too far. (That's definitely an understatement by the way)

• MoonFromAlola

Wow!! That’s so weird!!

• Glytch Montoya

I highly doubt that it would be either of my siblings. My little sister is too directly annoying to do that, and my big bro is too concerned with his own grades to deal with mine.

...And NEITHER OF THEM would do something to simultaneously annoy me and intentionally hurt my grade!

...Also, none of us know binary code. I'm the most likely to know it, and I don't. I had to use an online translator.

Wow. That IS really weird. Maybe if you have any siblings its them? I don't know.

• Aussie23

Wow, that is crazy!