Glytch Montoya

I've been writing short stories and poems independently for a while now. In fact, whenever I get the chance, I work on my short stories, for which I use the word "short" VERY loosely. I'm looking forward to seeing your opinions!

Part 5!!!

Chaos Pacificae (5)

4
[WARNING!: This is the fifth installment of this story. If you, for some reason, haven't read the first four installments yet (even though they've been out for a while), I would recommend that you read all four of them (in order, preferably) between the time when you finish reading this warning and the time when you start reading this installment.] 

On Candara Prime...

Pax and Keira were transported to an open field on Candara Prime. The meteor shower had ended there, but it would start again later. (Don't ask how or why. Nobody really knows. Some have theorized that the meteors create portals and travel across the skies of every planet in the multiverse, then loop around and do it again. However, that is just a theory...) 
    It was a lovely day outside. The sun was shining, there was a light breeze, and there were some bunny-birds flying/hopping around and tweeting/chirping/making-whatever-sound-bunnies-make. 
    Pax was glad to be back. Keira, however, was immediately cautious, as well as a bit surprised. She had never seen the sun shine so brightly before. She couldn't remember the last time she saw a light blue sky. She had never seen so much healthy green grass before. She had never felt such fresh air... 
    ...It was all just a little overwhelming. 
    "This, uh, this is NOT what I was expecting," Keira said, squinting in the sunlight. 
    "Definitely an improvement from Castillar Theta, huh?" Pax said with a smile. "Welcome to Candara Prime." 
    Right then, a small, fluffy, white-furred/feathered chickit (that's the term for a baby bunny-bird) waddled/hopped near them. 
    Keira immediately pulled out her knife. The chickit saw this, and was terrified, letting out an adorably terrified squeal! Keira almost lunged at it, but Pax intervened. 
    "WHOA! Whoa whoa whoa! Put the kni-... Put the blade away, Keira." 
    Pax then picked up the chickit, gently stroking its fur/feathers. 
    "Don't worry, little... Guy... Gal... Uh..." 
    Pax then lifted up the bunny bird above his head. 
    "...Guy." 
    He then brought it back down into a cradling position. 
    "Don't worry, little guy. Everything's fine." 
    The chickit let out an adorable mumbled purring/cheeping sound, calmed by Pax's words. Keira, a little stunned, put her knife away. 
    "There's no reason to pull your blade out here, Keira," said Pax, still petting the chickit. "This is Candara Prime, a world of peace and happiness." 
    Pax then gently put the chickit on the ground, and the chickit happily hopped/waddled away. 
    "Was this how you dealt with things on your world?" Pax asked. 
    "Yeah, uh, my world is pretty different from yours. The air here is so... Fresh." 
    "Yeah, isn't it great? Just take a nice, deep breath." 
    Pax then takes a deep breath, savoring the fresh air. 
    "There's no air quite like the air of Candara Prime, as Padre La Paz would always say. Well, technically, he would say 'No hay aire como el aire de Candara Prime,' since he prefers to speak in Spanish." 
    "Wait, you can speak Spanish?" Keira asked, a little surprised. 
    "Si, por su puesto. Espanol es una lengua muy buena, Keira." 
    "Okay, okay, you've made your point. How do you know Spanish?" 
    "Padre La Paz taught me. He isn't just my adoptive father. He's also my teacher. He's been giving Lily and I Spanish lessons since... Wait a second..." 
    Pax then got a slightly concerned look on his face. 
    "Oh, I should probably let Lily know I'm okay. We were standing next to each other when I teleported to Calibri Delta, and it was kind of sudden. I hope she's not too worried. Let's go!" 
    Pax then started walking somewhat quickly (kind of like a power walk), with Keira following him. 

They soon arrived at a small, environmentally-friendly village. The village was full of life. Adult Candarans were going about their daily business (selling produce, washing clothing by hand; you know, normal village stuff), while the Candaran children were running around, playing. 
    Pax easily spotted Lily in the village. After all, it's hard to NOT see her when she's wearing her pink button-up sweater. 
    "Look, there she is," Pax said. "Hey, Lily!" 
    Lily looked, and she saw Pax. 
    "Pax!" Lily exclaimed as she ran towards him and hugged him, nearly tackling him in the process. 
    "Oh my gosh, I'm so glad you're okay!" Lily said, tears actually forming in her eyes. "I was worried SICK!" 
    "Don't worry, Lily," Pax said with a little laugh. "I'm fine. In fact, I'm actually better than fine. I made a new friend!" 
    They then separated from their hug, and Pax gestured to Keira. 
    "Lily," said Pax, "This is Keira. Keira, this is Lily La Paz, my adoptive little sister." 
    "Nice to meet you," said Lily. 
    "Uuuh, same," said Keira slowly. 
    "Hmm... Dark clothes, multicolored eyes... You're not from around here, are you?" 
    "Uh, no. I'm not. How could you tell?" 
    "Well," Lily said, "For starters, you keep looking around at everyone, like you're worried somebody's gonna do something to you. Also, I've never seen anybody else with eyes like Pax's." 
    Keira was quiet for a while. 
    "Also, you're not dressed like a Candaran. I mean, a black hoodie and Daisy Dukes?" 
    Keira looked down at what she was wearing. 
    "Different world, different fashion," Lily continued. 
    "Yeah, bright colors aren't exactly a big thing where I'm from." 
    "Yeah, I see that. Oh, by the way, Pax? Whenever you get the chance, Papa wanted to talk to you." 
    "Okay, we'll head over there now." 
    "Okay! If you need me, I'll be wandering around a bit. You know, waiting for the meteor shower to come back." 
    "That could take hours, you know." 
    "Well, I have hours, so why not?" 
    "Fair enough." 
    With that, Lily walked away, and Pax and Keira started walking further into the village. 
Part 5! There are still plenty of ideas for what comes next, and next to next, and next to next to next to next... To next. 
...Basically, I've already come up with ideas for near the end of the story, but I need to get there first. 

• Glytch Montoya

I'm glad you like this series! I'll be honest, this is one of my favorite series's of mine, too.

• Lee Fudge

This is my favorite series of yours, keep it up!