Image

aharry01

A teenager who enjoys videogames, Netflix, blogging, and reading, sometimes all at once. She also enjoys writing light and creative pieces, and isn't sure why she's writing this in the third person.

Check out my blog: yearofteen.wordpress.com

I feel as though 200 characters is a bit short for a message from yours truly. I mean, this is a writing website after all and by limit the number of cha

It's all in the details...

My art work is often quite flawed, unless you consider writing an art. Even if you consider writing an art. You see, I am creative. Creativity is not the problem. Detail -- the painstaking process of being careful, watching every little movement, every little mistake -- is my downfall. My past photography trip was no different. Because it is simply so hard to screw up in the art of photgraphy, it is the one art where I can do a somewhat decent job. I had what I believed to be wonderful photographs, because you simply can't botch the details in photography -- or so I thought. Naturally, lacking common sense and every other type of sense known to man, I somehow managed to burn the film with the sunlight. All of my wonderful pictures, fried into a photograph of solid brightness. The sunlight, the very one that had provided the images in the first place, had ruined them. Ironic, isn't it? Crushed, I returned a few days later to develop my film, only to find today that parts of the images had been salvaged. A snapshot of a frail, elderly woman sitting on a park bench alongside pigeons, a photograph I thought I had lost, was recovered. My favorite photo of the entire trip, preserved forever. 

I learned that day to be careful. Obviously. But today I learned that even when someone tells you that you screwed up, even when you know you screwed up, perhaps you find a picture of a frail woman sitting on a park bench, and it brings a smile to your face.