Binary code icon 2

Glytch Montoya

I've been writing short stories and poems independently for a while now. In fact, whenever I get the chance, I work on my short stories, for which I use the word "short" VERY loosely. I'm looking forward to seeing your opinions!

Should I keep going?

Experiments (1)

8
Part 1: "Who Am I?

...
    ...
    ...
    ...
    ...I'm... Awake. 
    ...Awake? 
    How do I know that word? 
    It's... Dark... Darker... Even darker... 
    Okay, my... Eyes... My eyes are adjusting... 
    How do I know these words? 
    Okay, now I see... Steam. I see steam, and... Bubbles. I feel... Liquid. I feel some kind of liquid surrounding me. Above me, there are some... Tubes... Tubes and wires of some kind... They are connecting to... Me? My chest. My arms. My legs. Below me, there's a... Light. A light of some kind, taking up the entire... Floor of this... Whatever I'm in. There's a circle of blue light underneath me, but I'm not touching it. I'm suspended in the middle of this... Liquid. I'm looking at my... Hands... My arms... They have strange symbols and markings on them... So do my legs... So does the rest of my body... They all lead to my chest... There's some kind of... Heart... Crystal... Thing in my chest. It's... Black... I'm in some kind of... Glass... Cylinder thing... There's someone else... Outside of the cylinder. A man in a lab coat with a... Coffee mug. He's... Staring at me... Sipping his coffee... Writing things down on his... Notebook... There's something wrong with how his hands look. He has too many... Fingers. He has... Six fingers on each hand, and his... Palms... His palms are wrapped in... Bandages... Yet, he can write... He's wearing... Glasses... His eyes are... Grey... His hair is... Brown... 
    "Hmm," the man said. 
    I don't know why, but I'm scared. Scared of that man. Scared of this place. Scared of... Myself. I'm pounding on the glass. 
    tap tap tap
    Huh? 
    I heard a tapping noise to my left, so I turned to look. There's another cylinder. Another person with the markings and crystal. You. The person is staring at me. You're staring at me. I'm staring at... Him. You. He is... You are... Unfamiliar, and yet... I feel like... I know this person... I know you... Like I should know you. Now my heart crystal is glowing. So is yours. Mine is a bluish green. Yours is an orange-ish red. 
    What is this place? 
    Who are you? 
    Who is that man? 

Where am I? 
    ...
    Who am I?
This was just a weird story idea that popped into my head. Let me know if you think I should continue it. 

This is a great story idea. The only thing I would suggest is maybe getting rid of a couple of the ...s and/or switching up a few with the em dashes (these things: ---). Definitely don't get rid of all of them, though, because they add the sense of confusion to the piece. Love this.

• Glytch Montoya

What, are you thinking something like a prequel?

• Aussie23

Maybe you could give us a background about what happened before this?

• Gabriel Goodwin

Keep this goinggggg~

• -Foxmillionaire-

Oooooooh, yes. :)

• .audrey michelle.

PPPLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEEE continue!!!!! I'm loving this new story!!!!

#cliffhangerzzz?

• Aussie23

You should!