trapqueen26

I LOVE TO WRITE POEMS SO THISE IS ONE OF THEM .

WHEN ITS MY TIME TO SHINE WILL YOU LET ME SHINE

0
When it’s my time to shine will you let me shine?
Or will you put me down, lock me in a room and leave me in there to live in the darkness of misery.   

Mom yelled, “WAKE UP ASHELY! IT’S TIME FOR SCHOOL! WAKE UP ASHELY – IT’S TIME FOR SCHOOL!”
“OKAY, I’M UP!” I get up and go to the bathroom and get a shower. I plugged in my radio. Turned on the hot water and the water was so hot it felt like my back was on fire. I turned the water temperature down, took my shower and got out. I get dressed and am making my breakfast in a good mood
Dad walks in and says, “Good morning, ugly.”
STEAM! “Good morning, Dad. Love the complements you always give me. It starts my day on a good foot - Appreciate that.” Angry. I walk to school. Can’t wait to get to school. No more name calling. I’m free. I go to my locker and I see Leanne.
“Hey, Ashely. Hey, how you doing?”
“I’m alright. I could be better.” BIINNGG
“Alright, I’ll see you later. The bell rang and don’t want to be late, kay.”
Close my locker and get to English. Yes, just the way I like it. No problems, no name calling, just plain school.
“Class, I am handing out your test from Friday and I’m very disappointed because only one person passed this test with a one-hundred.”
Heidgy says, “That is totally me cuz you know I’m a boss.”
“Yeah right, it is definitely Alberta Sengy.”
“No, you guess you know. It’s none of us. It’s me,” says Gabriel.
“Actually, it’s none of you. It’s Ashely.”
“Great.”
“She gets on my nerves.”
“Always getting the good grades with her ugly self.”
“Yeah, she think she know it all, she probably be studying at home. No life.”
In my heart that hurts really bad and I started crying on the inside. Mrs. Dan said, “You guys should be proud of her. Now we are all going to go over this test together.” While we were going over the test, I took my book out that I use to write poems. Then this phrase came to me: You tell me to fly, but you don’t tell me how to. You tell me I don’t understand, but you didn’t even help me to understand. 
Then I snapped back. I’m in class, the bell rang again. Next class and while I’m walking out of English class, Leanne knocks my books out of my hands. All my papers fall all over the place and while I’m picking them up they all say mean things.
The phone rang in science class and my mom came to pick me up early. Thank god!!! I go home do my homework that I got in English and science, ate, and then I talked to myself. I said that I am going to school bully-free and I’m going to open my mouth and I am going to stand up for what’s right. I turn my light out and I go to bed. I get up early, wash my hair, blow it dry, and flat iron, and clean my sneakers, put on makeup and perfume. As I started walking to school, I felt good and I knew I look good. Was a little late, so I put my stuff right in my locker and went straight to English.
All eyes on me and Lean says, “She finally looks good for a change.”
I say, “Thanks, but you still wearing the same style uniform that I wore in first grade,” and I sat down.
Mrs. Dan said, “Does anyone want to pass out these papers?”
Lean says, “Yes.” She passes everybody’s paper and drops mine on the floor.
I shouted out, “Hey guys! Look. Lean is telling me where she belongs by putting my paper on the floor,” and everyone laughs. Then she pushed me and we fought and I gave her what she asked for. And that was the end of the girl named Ashely, the old me. It’s time to be the real me, ASHELY.
You don’t have to let me fly, cuz I’m going to fly high.
You tell me to love one another, but you never did.
You tell me to be who you are and don’t be afraid, but you didn’t.
You tell me to not be afraid, speak up, but you never did.
You tell me to be like you but, how can you tell me to be like you and then later tell me to be me.
So when it’s time to shine you don’t have to let me because I’m going to shine on my own.