CreativeAngel

I love writing. Writing can express feelings in many different ways. We can share what we wish without speaking.
Also go follow Camlily she’s amazing!! <3

Practice makes Perfect.
If you aren't a good writer now, practice and you will be.
Mistakes will come and go but don't dwell on them too much.

Thunder Before Clouds - Chapter 1

4
Sitting quietly in the corner of the bus. Off to high school at age sixteen in the tenth grade. I sat alone while all around me, the kids chattered. They didn't know. The tension hung in the air only for my kind to notice. They wouldn't notice. Ever.
The bus started pulling up to the last bus stop before we head to school. I was nervous, worried, but anger boiled inside me for no apparent reason. That's when it happened. I muttered, "stop", only for the kids next to me to hear. They look at me weird and continue chatting. I yelled, "STOP", at the top of my lungs which is when they all look at me. They start laughing and teasing saying i'm going crazy. They don't know. That's when the bus lurches to a stop. The sky turns dark and the clouds disappear from the sky. They at least notice this and start looking up. I scream for everyone to get off the bus. They don't listen. I start pushing and pulling them off and telling the driver to get off. Finally, they listen. I'm alone on the bus, waiting with nervous energy for it to happen. Then, a squirrel eating nuts to the side of the bus was struck by lightning. It was gone. Nothing left behind of it. No ashes, no body. They all saw it. No clouds, no sound, no rain, Just struck by lightning. The sound i heard and put off to the side, became louder by the second. I wait for it to quiet down. The other kids look at me confused when suddenly they look up and yell for me to get off. I just stood there in shock wondering what was happening. I knew i didn't belong but that wasn't it. Something major was happening. The thunder came then. The sound i heard turned louder and was high-pitched. I was about to go insane if it didn't stop. I look at some kids through the bus window and ask them if they heard the sound. They look at me and i was sure by then i was crazy. That's when he nodded. He smirked so well that even the best thief would be jealous. He roared loudly. Everyone took one step, two steps, and ran away from him. I was all that's left. Something glinted in the corner of my eye. It was a bracelet. Black and white crystal beads with a baby pink heart. I picked it up and put it on. He looks at me and says, "You're gonna fight me with that thing. Ha, good luck with that". That's when using my instincts i take it off and throw it straight up. It came down and i caught it but it was no longer a bracelet anymore. The bracelet was now in my hand but it was in the form of a sword. A twenty-five inch long enchanted ruby and diamond sword. The sword was half ruby, probably for fire, and the other half was diamond, probably for water. I felt the anger that was boiling inside me earlier exploding. I was ready for the fight. My nervous tapping energy was gone. I held the sword confidently. It had a green crystal in the middle of the black wooden handle. The wood was probably enchanted too, who knows. I yell at the boy who was still smiling but it was slowly fading away. I could see the fear in his red eyes, (since when did people have red eyes). I yelled with all the anger i had. "YOU WANNA FIGHT ME NOW, GIMME THE BEST YOU GOT. IF I CAN'T DEFEAT YOU THEN SO HELP ME ELEMENTS, MY NAME IS NO LONGER ANNABETH THUNDER". He backed away but his fear was melting away. I could see a triumph glare of fire in those red eyes. He replied back to me saying "Yeah. Better look up before it's too late". It was too late. I was still on the bus but i was struck. I closed my eyes so tight that my eyes would've have popped out. The thunder came. The noise roared in my ears. The boy who was five inches shorter than me grew. He grew to a 20 feet long serpent dragon. The name came to me easily. "Thunder Serpent", i whispered uneasily. He gave me the look that meant i was correct. I had heard of legends of them. It is claimed that they had never been defeated in two hundred years. I suddenly felt, rage, not scared or tiny, but fearless and strong. The lightning struck the bus in the same spot i was standing. For a moment, there was a bright, white flash and i could hear the laughter of the Thunder Serpent. Suddenly, the laughter stopped. I was standing there, unharmed, with fear leaving my body. While the serpent was still stunned and in shock, i went up to him, and stabbed the bright red eye of his with my ruby/diamond sword. He bellowed in agony while i back away smiling, for the first time in a long time. He looked at me one last time and said, "Remember me when you find out the truth, you won't be spared..". Then the 20 foot Thunder Serpent disintegrated into tiny red particles of dust. The dust got stuck in my hair and i shook it off. I looked at the sword and something was scribbled on the handle. It looked like some ancient Greek language and somehow i was able to translate it. "Tidal-Fury", i muttered. Then i blacked out without knowing what had just happened or where i was.
This is the start of a new series called "Thunder Before Clouds".

• CreativeAngel

Thank you!

• CreativeAngel

Yea based off Greek and kinda Roman. Like Percy Jackson basically.

• renee.bbn

This is really interesting! Is it based more off of Greek mythology or elements?

• CreativeAngel

Oh because it is based off that. Or is it..

• camlily

This is really interesting- kind of reminds me of Percy Jackson! :D