Screenshot 2018 09 18 at 8.55.42 pm

LackingASocialLife

No longer social-life-less

My goal is to reach a status of fame where I mention that I had a Write The World account and fans go on a hunt just to find the cringey teenage relics.

Until then, keep making me proud, y'all.
I will miss you.

If you gain nothing from my pieces, at least understand this:

Treat people with some fricken respect you twats.
Unless they steal your food then by all means lead the way

Day 18- E M B A R R A S S I N G

7
So today's prompt I tell you my most recent embarrassing story. Feel free to cringe or feel glad you aren't me. Don't worry, I may be mentally scarred but I'll be ok. By embarrassing I don't mean my day-to-day life, I mean "WHY-WAS-I-BORN-THIS-IS-SO-HUMILIATING" embarrassing. 

So about a week ago my dad and I went to Moreton Island:  An island in Australia. The water is beautiful and it's the largest sand island in either the world or Australia, I don't know...

Due to this large amount of sand, there were plenty of sand dunes. So we went sand tobogganing. (Basically sledding on sand) I got my go-pro and headed up. As I was sliding down I hit a ditch and fell forward until I was spinning down the hill. Embarrassing, but not scarring. I mean, I videoed it all which was pretty funny. The real fun starts when I got to the bottom. Some people were down there waiting for a board to use. And this man standing near me was, too, holding a go-pro and said nothing as we watched other people slide down the hill. Suddenly, he asked me a question.

I'd like to clarify now that, although he was probably South African, it was not this man's accent that made me unable to hear him. It was the fact that my brain is a piece of crap that wants me to not have a social life (haha username reference) decided to stop understanding words. 

All I heard was "Use" and he pointed to my camera. 
I asked him what he said, apologizing, saying my hearing was bad (I LISTEN TO TOO MUCH MUSIC GRANDMA WAS RIGHT) yet after the fourth time, I still had NO IDEA WHAT HE WAS SAYING. I came to the conclusion that he was asking me how I went (after falling) or what my camera footage got. So instead of just saying yeah or something I decided to say:
"Yeah, this sports camera I use got all the footage of me falling... But other than that, it was alright!" 
The man looked irritated, scowled and walked off. And I knew I'd stuffed something up. WHY HADN'T I PRETENDED I WAS MUTE.

That was embarrassing in of itself. But it was about 3 hours later when I literally smacked my head and said "IDIOT" because I realized what he'd asked me.
"Can I use your board?"
BECAUSE HE DIDN'T HAVE ONE. I AM THE EMBODIMENT OF A USELESS SACK OF POTATOES THE CONVERSATION MUST'VE GONE:

Him: "Are you still using your board?" *Points to board*
Me: "...Sorry?"
Him: "Can I use your board?"
Me: "...I'm so sorry, I can't hear very well. Can you repeat what you are trying to say?"
HIm: "Your board. For going down the hill. Can I use it?" *Gestures to board*
Me:*Me thinking he's making conversation about what camera I use because I thought he pointed to the camera* "Oh! Oh wait... sorry I still don't understand what you're asking."
Him: *Obviously irritated* "Can I take your board?"
Me: "Oh! Yeah, this sports camera I use got all the footage of me falling... But other than that, it was alright!"
Him: *scowls and walks off, clearly thinking I'm probably the dumbest human to live.*
W H Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y

I CAN'T BELIEVE MYSELF THE ENTIRE REST OF THE DAY HE GAVE ME WEIRD LOOKS I HATE EVERYTHING UGH IT MAKES ME CRINGE JUST THINKING ABOUT IT. 

So that happened. 

I wonder how many years it will take for the memory to not physically hurt when I think of it...

Comment your stories below! (it might help me feel better about myself) Also feel free to laugh at me, I forgive you. 

• January 5, 2018 - 8:30am (Now Viewing)

• AlienFromPluto

Very funny! Though If this is your worst embarrassing moment you have been blessed in my eyes...

If it helps at all, the man probably forgot all about it within an hour. I really like this piece.

• LackingASocialLife

I'm glad something beneficial came out of my humiliation XD I love that I made you laugh. Laughter is the best thing :)

• Faith Camp

Oh my god I can't stop laughing XD I love your writing and humor so much. This is probably one of my favorite pieces on here now!!

• LackingASocialLife

Yup xD

• Bellbell0307

Lovely!