Renee elise goldsberry

EiffelTower007

A lover of Hamilton, Shadowhunters, and the Oxford Comma.

Hi everybody,
I hope you all enjoy my writing!
-SM

1-800-273-8255

1-800-273-8255 is a story of change, a story of redemption, and a story of new beginnings. Wrapped in layers and layers of pain and agony, it describes a transition from darkness to light, from loneliness to love, and from abandonment to exploration. 1-800-273-8255 is written by the popular artist Logic, who connects with suicide attempt survivors and encourages them to be themselves in his debut. The song is a web of feelings for any listener to explore and learn from, with every sound a new adventure to delve deeply into. 1-800-273-8255 delivers a message from the title itself, as the number is the National Suicide Prevention Program's hotline dial. Every time that you hear it, you learn something new, about yourself, your life, or your existence as a whole. I, myself have learned much from the song - and hope to spread its meaning to others in the future. To put it precisely, 1-800-273-8255 is a transitional story that impacts the reader with a tale like none other.
    The story starts out in the darkness, with Logic feeling lost and alone, with no one to turn to. He sings, 'I don't wanna be alive, I just wanna die today' as he describes his solitary childhood that was constantly surrounded by the complications of a broken, drug-addicted family. Although not everyone suffered in the same way that he did, I think that we all meet a challenge in life that tests our strength and resilience-one that determines who we are and what we do in times of difficulty. Logic's test may have been his struggling childhood, but his outcome was one of courage and gracefulness, like a phoenix rising out of the ashes. But Logic isn't alone in his pain, as we learn later in the song.
    From the darkness, Logic begins to ascend; with the help and support of Alessia Cara and Khalid, who help him realize that there are others who care for him, his health, and his safety. In the second verse of the song he vocalizes, '“You don’t gotta die, I want you to be alive,” This line is told from the standpoint of the individual offering emotional comfort at the other end of the line. He starts to realize that he's 'gotta live right now' and, as he quotes, 'I don't wanna cry anymore, I wanna feel alive, I don't even wanna die anymore'. As he begins to understand and develop self-esteem, he realizes his worth and needs to be on Earth.
    Finally, Logic, like many of us, makes the transition into the light of happiness and self-worth. He realizes that he belongs on the face of the Earth and that he is just as important as any of us. Whether or not we know it, many of us often struggle with identifying our true selves, and like Logic, we eventually realize that all of us have a place here - among our friends and family with love and laughter enveloping us. Ultimately, Logic's song delivers a message of hope and opportunity - one that no listener can leave from without learning.
    1-800-273-8255 is, as you can see, a story. It's a story and an adventure, but it's not afraid to cover the scary and dirty. Logic shows his real side; without covering up the scars of his past or the tides of pain he experienced in the ocean of his life. He showed everyone who he his and displays the truth about himself, something we should all do instead of hiding under the covers that societal norms pressure us into claiming. So, reader, I'd like to ask you to do something for me, for Logic, and ultimately, for you. Be honest with yourself. Be proud of who you are and if there's anything you need to tell somebody, tell them truthfully. Because a true friend will support you for who you are and who you want to be. And if you need any inspiration, you know you can always turn to 1-800-273-8255 for any encouragement you need.