Kaitlyn ❄

I know that this is REALLY REALLY short but it ended well here.

Braving Life (Chapter Twenty)

3
    "You... have been babbling.... for ... five hours STRAIGHT!" Crossfire shrieked. "Do you EVER shut UP?"
    I solemnly looked up at him. My hands were held with metal cuffs that were digging into my skin. "Probably not. How much longer are we going to walk?" Crossfire opened his mouth. "I mean, I know, you probably don't even know. You said it would be a short walk but of course, as you've already so intelligently pointed out, it's been five hours. I mean, do you do this every day or what? Cos you have to have some pretty impressive legs to do this every single dang day. Really? It's just so fascinating and I've been trained so well. I don't even know if I could do this every single day. TWICE! You're just a really impressive fire aren't you?"
    "If you say.... another word... you will be... thrown... into prison... for this... nonsense." Crossfire was breathing deeply through his nose. His nostrils flared.
    I raised my eyebrows. "Well that's unfortunate. If you throw me into prison, I won't say a single word to you about anything. Your leader will despise me for not saying anything but he shall also despise you for putting me there." I smirked as Crossfire ground his teeth together. "Is he tall, cruel, handsome, fat, skinny, short, dumb, smart, witty, brilliant, stupid, risk taking?"
    "YOU JUST SAID THE SAME EXACT THING IN ABOUT SIXTY DIFFERENT WAYS!" Crossfire screamed. He took a deep breath. "And no," he said in a calmer tone. "The Grand Master is not a he."
    I gaped.

• Kaitlyn ❄

Yeah, I know it's really short and abrupt but it ended well here so....

• AbigailSauble

Mm . . . interesting. You could extend this out a little longer. It seems a little . . . abrupt. Or maybe that's how you prefer it. ;)

• Kaitlyn ❄

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean? Do you mean like the message my readers should get from it?

• Aspen Gray

This character who won't stop talking seems cute! What's the premise of your book?