Rainbow flag 1

Kaitlyn ❄

* Feminist * Bisexual * Whovian * Besties with Emilie & Hadley * Loki * Iron Man * ENTP-T * Hermione * Draco * Music * Writing * Depression * Alopecia * Singer * Swimming * Dancing *

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Braving Life (Chapter Eighteen)

2
    I bent backwards as the blunt sword sliced over my face. I righted myself and shoved my dagger back at Jesse. I flipped backwards in midair to avoid him striking me. When I hit the ground I twisted around and threw my fake bomb at him. It was the size of a quarter but it "exploded" to the size of about my fist. Jesse did a sideways twist in the air to get away from it but if it had been a real bomb, he would've been dead.
    In our training, we were entirely safe. The swords and daggers were slightly dangerous but we were fine and we knew how to not hurt each other. My reflexes were improving with Jesse as my partner; his fighting really made me think. We were not allowed to use our powers, just our physical strength and maneuvering.
    "You're too good some days," Jesse complained, dodging another one of my bombs. "The Ruiners leader doesn't have such intense training and you've been doing this sort of stuff for days. It makes me feel very inferior to you, darling Death Star." He grinned cheekily at me.
    "Shut your mouth." I often used a dagger or spear and Jesse immensely preferred swords. In a real battle, we would be able to channel energy through our weapons to make them more powerful. I had chosen to just use a dagger in our battle but normally I would fight with my spear until I lost it and then pull out my dagger and fight at a more personal level. Jesse liked to have one sword and a lot of bombs. I usually didn't like to carry bombs around with me.
    Jesse whipped around to chase me. I ran towards the wall. I cheated a bit and used a little of my power to get me partially up the wall so that I could flip and land behind him. I slipped my dagger around his body and placed it to his neck being sure not to press too hard. "I win, darling."
    "You won this round but I'll be bringing you in chains next round," Jesse taunted. I pushed my blade harder to his neck. He winced. "You don't have to kill me, Jeannie. I was just teasing you." He paused. "Can you stop? That hurts, you know. Like really, it's not awful but it's a bit.... uncomfortable if you now what I mean."
    "Fine you whiner." I released him and stretched. "Do you want to do another round? We can use what we would use in battle or no? If you want to be done, that's fine but I'm totally up for another." I anxiously bounced up and down on my toes to emphasize how excited I was for another round.
    "Let's go. Get ready quick." Jesse stuck his sword back in it's sheath and loaded fake bombs into his pockets. I took the bomb bag off of my waist and threw it to the side. I then tucked my training dagger into it's sheath and took up a long and deadly looking spear. It was really quite blunt but I rarely used the point anyway. I usually channeled power through it or whacked my enemies. Jesse looked over at me. He actually looked a little threatening. "You ready to lose?" he asked in an affectionate voice.
    "Of course not. I am, however, ready for you to lose. So the question really is, 'are you ready for me to win'?" I tilted my head at him as he smirked at me. No doubt, he had some marvelous evil ideas on his mind. "No?" He remained silent so I shrugged my shoulders and lifted my spear in a defensive position. "Can we use our powers a little bit?"
    "If you want to jump off of more walls, sure, but not like using your power through your spear." I smirked at him and he smiled back at me. He positioned himself in a way that looked very threatening. I realized that he was going to use martial arts for the time being. I straightened my shoulders charged at him.
    Jesse flew into the air and I slid under him and slammed the butt of my spear at his back. The impact made him fall to the ground though his armour prevented him from getting injured. He turned around to throw a bomb at me. I stuck my spear into the wooden floor and spun on it to avoid the bomb. It hit the wall and exploded there. I pulled the spear out of the ground. I was happy that the wood was soft. The spear was so blunt that It wasn't very stuck. I was lucky that I hadn't fallen off while I was spinning. "Damn," Jesse groaned. "How are you so good at this stuff?"
     I shrugged at him and did it again with my spear. This time I let go and flew across the room. My feet hit the wall and with some help from my powers, I flew off back to my spear and pulled it out. I ran up the wall again and flipped. Jesse was throwing what seemed to be endless bombs. He pulled out his sword and charged me. I used my spear to my advantage to jump over him. I was strong enough so that I didn't have to use my powers. I flung my spear away and kicked Jesse hard in to back. He fell to my feet, gasped. I yanked my dagger out.
    "Yield you loser." But it wasn't my voice.

• AbigailSauble

What happens next???

• Kaitlyn ❄

Good lol.

• Aravis Tarkheena

Don't worry. Loki is not the least of my favorite Marvel characters. Not by a long ways.

• Kaitlyn ❄

I'm sorry but I love Loki ;)

• Aravis Tarkheena

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/50/98/ea/5098eadda672bdc308e8c9b0950a4cb6--loki-thor-loki-laufeyson.jpg
    Proof that it is better to be Sif than Loki. ;)

• Aravis Tarkheena

Have you researched your weapons? This is a little farfetched. The whole point of the spear is the point while if you're just hitting people, use a quarterstaff that actually has some balance to it for swinging. If you want an easy way to study these weapons, read at least the first Ranger's Apprentice.