Binary code icon 2

Glytch Montoya

I've been writing short stories and poems independently for a while now. In fact, whenever I get the chance, I work on my short stories, for which I use the word "short" VERY loosely. I'm looking forward to seeing your opinions!

Part 12! Here you go!

Ender (12)

1
[WARNING!!! AGAIN!!!: This is the twelfth installment of this story. If you haven't read the previous eleven installments, then you shouldn't have even bothered to click this link. You need to read the first one first, then go in order. Otherwise, a lot of the story will either be spoiled or make no sense.] 

Ender wasn't sure what he expected Steve's house to look like, but when he saw it, he knew it had to be the right place. Not only did it look like a house Steve would live in, but it also had a sign in front of it that said "Steve & Alex's House." 
    "Here it is," said the man. 
    "We should probably go back to repairing the place," said the woman. "Glad we could help!" 
    Then, the man and woman walked back the way they came. 
    Ender walked up to the door, with Elliot and Nat following him. He knocked on the door, and they waited. 
    Not too long after, the door opened, and they saw Alex standing there. She looked tired at first, but soon, she recognized Ender, and her eyes lit up! 
    "Ender! Great to see ya!" Alex said, even though she was obviously sleeping just before they got there. "Come on in!" 
    Ender walked in, followed by Elliot and Nat. Alex closed the door behind them. 
    "Who are your new friends?" Alex said. 
    "I'm Nat," said Nat, "and this is my twin brother, Elliot." 
    "We're fraternal twins," Elliot added. 
    "Yeah, I got that," said Alex. "Steve's still sleeping upstairs, so let's chat in the living room." 
    They went into the living room and sat down. (There were comfortable chairs, of course. It's a living room.) 
    Elliot and Nat were clearly very excited to see Alex. After a while, Elliot confirmed this. 
    "You're Alex!" Elliot said. "As in, THE Alex!" 
    "It's an honor to meet you!" Nat added. 
    "Thank you!" Alex said, flattered. "I'm surprised you recognized me. Usually, people just recognize Steve, not me." 
    Right then, Steve walked down the stairs into the room, still looking half asleep. Then, he saw Ender, and he suddenly looked fully awake. 
    "Ender!" Steve said, a smile on his face. "Didn't expect to see you here! And not just because it's the middle of the night." 
    Then, Steve noticed Elliot and Nat, who somehow looked even MORE excited than before! 
    "You're Steve!" Elliot said. "Wow! I can't believe it!" 
    "This is amazing!" Nat added. "We just met our two biggest heroes! It's great to meet you, Steve!" 
    "Thank you," said Steve. "And you are...?" 
    "Oh, right," said Nat as they calmed down. "I'm Nat, and this is Elliot, my twin brother." 
    "Well, it's nice to meet you," said Steve, sitting down in an armchair. "So, Ender, what brings you here? I thought you went back to your Enderman village." 
    That made Ender remember once again why they were there, and he got a troubled look on his face, which Steve noticed, making his smile fade into a look of concern. 
    "What happened?" Steve asked. 
    Ender didn't say anything, so Elliot spoke up. 
    "The Enderman village was destroyed," he said. 
    "What?!" Steve and Alex said at the exact same time. 
    "Yeah!" Nat said. "Elliot and I found it empty and in ruins, and then, we met Ender, in a kind of embarrassing way, I must admit." 
    "Ender," said Steve, "is this true?" 
    Ender nodded. 
    "Well then," said Alex, "we'd better figure out who did it! Let's g-" 
    "That's not... Why we're here," Ender said, cutting her off. 
    "Oh," said Elliot, "is it about that Enderman?" 
    "Wait," said Steve, "what Enderman?" 
    "While we were there, trying to figure out what to do next," said Nat, "an Enderman appeared, and Ender looked like he was having a staring contest with it." 
    "It wasn't a staring contest," said Steve. "It was a conversation! Ender can communicate with Endermen because of his eyes. Ender, what did the Enderman say?" 
    Ender decided to just skip to the important part. 
    "The Endermen... Need me... To free them... From a dragon." 
    Steve and Alex both gasped a little, clearly shocked. 
    "The Ender Dragon," said Steve. "How is that possible? We defeated it over twenty years ago!" 
    "Yeah, this doesn't make any sense," said Alex. "Are you sure that's what the Enderman said?" 
    Ender nodded. 
    "Is it possible that the Enderman could've been lying to you?" Steve asked. 
    Ender shook his head, then spoke again. 
    "Endermen are... Terrible at... Lying... I can tell... When they lie... He was telling... The truth." 
    Everyone was silent for a moment, thinking about what was just said. 
    Finally, Elliot broke the silence. 
    "What's the Ender Dragon?" Elliot said. "I've heard of it, but I have no idea what it is!" 
    "Yeah, me too," added Nat. "What is it?" 
    Steve and Alex looked at each other for a while. Then, they both nodded and looked at the group. 
    "We think it would be best if we show you," said Steve. "Follow us." 
    Steve and Alex got up, walked to the stairs, and stood there for a second. Then, Steve punched a painting on the wall, revealing a lever behind it! He pulled the lever, and the staircase opened up into a downward spiral staircase! 
    "Who hides a staircase under another staircase" Nat asked. 
    "We do," Alex replied. 
    At that, the group started walking down the stairs, which Steve blocked off behind them by pulling another lever. 
Part 12!!! This may or may not be my last upload for the day. I haven't decided... 

• Glytch Montoya

Wow! I'm glad you like it!

Also, wow! I haven't even gotten around to finishing that other story you have!

• No More Than Sam

Wow, this series is awesome. I've read every book so far. Also, Pixel, an Unnoficial Minecraft Story, is coming out TOMORROW! I'm so excited, as it is one of my longest books yet on WtW.