LyraLynne

Was born in a small US town and has always loved reading and writing. Was inspired by JK Rowling to start writing. Was diagnosed with cancer in 2012 and went through chemotherapy in 2015. All is good now. Loves fall and winter and their holidays.

I follow everyone, no matter what. If you show up on my dashboard or in my notifications, I'll follow you and check out your profile if I haven't already. :)

Quotes to remember:
“The sky’s only the limit if you don’t believe you can make it to the stars.” -Me

"Everyone is an independent snowflake so get over it." -Me

"Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny." -C.S. Lewis

My writing blog is lyralynnewriting.weebly.com if you want to go check that out. :)

Autumn Secrets

PROMPT: Setting as Mood

3
Iris ignored the voice in her head telling her of her faults and concentrated on shutting it out. Not that she noticed, but the park around her glimmered with the signs of autumn. A slight breeze flowed through the air carrying the last echo of summer as it shook leaves from their branches and settled them around the park. Above and around her were all shades of red, brown, orange, yellow, and even some dark purple. If one looked hard enough through the trees in front of the wrought iron bench, a sliver of glittering water could be seen. It was a brook that glowed with the signs of life. Frogs croaked and leaped into the water. Dragonflies flitted about, fish splashed in the clear, shallow water, and if you looked really hard, a chipmunk could be seen taking a rapid drink before disappearing into the brush. Yet Iris ignored all of this in her concentration; even the figure that walked up and sat down next to her, opening his mouth to speak. 

1