Binary code icon 2

Glytch Montoya

I've been writing short stories and poems independently for a while now. In fact, whenever I get the chance, I work on my short stories, for which I use the word "short" VERY loosely. I'm looking forward to seeing your opinions!

Part 4! Stuff happens, which is why this one may be a bit longer than the others.

Ender (4)

3
[WARNING!!!: This is the fourth installment of this story. As I've said multiple times today, if you haven't read the previous parts, DO NOT PROCEED WITHOUT DOING SO!] 
[OTHER KIND OF WARNING!!!: The following installment contains emotions. If emotions offend you, I suggest two things: One, that you go see a therapist or something, and two, that you don't read this.] 

A few more years passed, and Ender was almost an adult. By this time, he had full diamond tools, and the Enderman village was thriving, with a glass dome above, a stone brick wall around, and Endermen actually BUILDING things! (Nothing large scale, though. Just small stuff.) Chief seemed to approve of this new way of living. He even helped Ender with some resource gathering. Ender, in return, made a sort of headpiece for Chief to show his status, and he added diamond studs to the bottom of his splint, which was now basically a prosthetic leg. Even so, all seemed well. 
    Of course, whenever all seems well in the world, fate decides to throw a curve ball. 

One day, near sunset, another man entered the Village of Ennd (that's what it's called, it's not a typo). Ender saw this man, and he immediately thought of Steve, the man who had come all those years before. 
    At the same time, Ender knew that this man was definitely NOT a friend. 
    This new man looked almost identical to Steve, with one difference: his eyes were a completely blank, glowing, ghostly white. No irises, no pupils; just white. He was carrying a diamond pickaxe that appeared to have some kind of enchantment of it, making it glow. 
    A couple Endermen went to stop him, but with a single swing of his pickaxe, this stranger sent both Endermen flying into a wall, nearly killing them. That got the attention of every Enderman in the village. 
    Ender knew this man was bad news, but he didn't know what the man wanted. So, Ender, acting very calm (a skill he learned from Chief, acting calm when he's not actually calm), walked towards the "visitor." 
    The man saw Ender coming, and an evil smile crossed his face, which worried Ender. Still, Ender remained calm. 
    "Hello, young man," the stranger said, his voice sounding like Steve's, but deeper and a bit metallic. "Is this your village?" 
    Ender, still a mute, nodded, noticing that the man's face occasionally twitched a little. 
    "Well," the man continued, "I'm sorry about those two Endermen. I have sharp survival instincts. You understand, right?" 
    Ender remained silent, just staring at this powerful man. 
    "You don't talk much, do you? Well, I guess I'll do the talking. My name is Herobrine." 
    Ender felt a chill as he heard the name echo in his head as all the other Endermen heard his name. It was then that Ender noticed that every Enderman in the village was staring at him, as well as this stranger named Herobrine. 
    Suddenly, Herobrine's expression changed to a look of shocked surprise. 
    "Wait a minute. I recognize you! You were in the woods with my twin brother about ten years ago! His name is Steve." 
    Ender was taken aback by this new information. He had just been told that this Herobrine character was Steve's brother, AND that Herobrine was watching them that day all those years before! 
    Herobrine clearly saw Ender's shock, so he said, "Yeah, I know, it's quite a surprise, isn't it? That I was there? Well, my brother and I aren't exactly on the best terms, so we don't talk very often. I take what I can get." 
    Just then, Chief walked up next to Ender. They made eye contact, and Chief told Ender, "Don't trust this evil man." 
    "Wait, this Enderman survived?!" Herobrine said, both surprised and angry. "I though I had killed you decades ago!" 
    Chief started making a growling sound, and Herobrine said, "Wait, no! Must've been your dad. You were the one that managed to escape." 
    Chief's growls got louder, and Ender could hear more Endermen getting angry. 
    "Well, I'm terribly sorry for what's about to happen," said Herobrine, clearly being insincere. 
    Then, the sun having just set, Herobrine raised his pickaxe straight up, and tons of zombies and skeletons came up out of the ground! 
    Chief made a sound, and the Endermen started getting ready for a fight, their jaws unhinging for the shouts to come. Ender, who didn't know how to make a sword, pulled out a regular diamond pickaxe (for self defense, because he doesn't like to fight unless he's the defender) and held it in a ready position. 
    Herobrine brought his pickaxe down to point at Ender and the other Endermen, and the forces of the undead charged! At the same time, Chief let out an Enderman battle cry, and all the Endermen charged! The battle had begun! 
    Ender was battling off zombies and skeletons, swinging his pickaxe with urgency. For most of them, it took a couple hits to go down. Fortunately, there were enough Endermen to make up for that. 
    Suddenly, Herobrine flew at Ender with his enchanted pickaxe! (Apparently, he can fly.) Ender managed to block the first swing, and the second, and the third. Ender was able to match Herobrine's speed for the most part. 
    Unfortunately, Herobrine fought dirty. When Ender least expected it, Herobrine kicked him in the torso, momentarily stunning him! Then, Herobrine punched Ender in the face, knocking him to the ground and giving him a black eye! Herobrine raised his pickaxe up for the final strike! 
    Just then, Herobrine was tackled by an Enderman! When Ender looked, he discovered that it was Chief who had just saved him! 
    Chief was pretty fast, teleporting around Herobrine to avoid getting hit (as well as to confuse him). Unfortunately, his leg slowed him down for a moment, which gave Herobrine the upper hand. He caught Chief off guard, and before Chief could do anything about it, Herobrine struck him in the heart! 
    Ender could hear Chief's cry of pain in his head before he heard it out loud. It was the most painful sound Ender had ever heard. 
    Right at that moment, the sun started rising. Seeing this, Herobrine yelled, "Retreat!" 
    As soon as he said it, he flew away in a hurry. At the same time, the remaining zombies and skeletons tried to leave, but before they could get very far, they burst into flames and died. (Well, died again.) 

As soon as the last of the undead were gone, Ender got up and ran to Chief, who was lying on the ground, dying. 
    As soon as Ender got to Chief, he knelt down next to him, taking his hand. Chief looked him in the eye, still in pain, and said three words: "Lead them well." 
    After that, Chief's eyes closed, and his body went limp. Chief was dead, and the message was clear: Ender was the new leader. 
    Ender felt the connection fade away with Chief. He also felt a flurry of emotions boiling over inside of himself. Unable to contain it, Ender let loose an Enderman-like shriek of anguish! His cry echoed for miles, making everyone who heard it stop and wonder where it came from. 
    Ender had just lost the closest thing he ever had to family. He had lost a part of himself. 
    He killed Chief, he kept thinking. 
    Herobrine killed Chief! 
    That day, Ender swore he would have vengeance. He would avenge Chief's death. 
    He would destroy Herobrine. 
    He just had to figure out how. 
Part 4! This one may be a little longer than the previous ones in this story, but that's because some serious stuff happens! 

• Lee Fudge

Saw a video about it once, it may have been just been a made up thing thinking about it.

• Glytch Montoya

...Uh, Herobrine doesn't exist? And even if he did, he wouldn't speak BACKWARDS. At least, I don't think he would...

...Same goes for Entity 303... Not that that's relevant or anything. I'm totally not giving a teaser for a later villain or something... Why would you even suggest that?

• Lee Fudge

Not to sound nit-picky about this great work, but doesn't Herobrine speak backwards?

• Glytch Montoya

Thanks! I was hoping that would make somebody laugh. (I meant it as a joke in the first place).

I may keep posting more installments today, or I may take a break... Haven't quite decided...

• Kaitlyn ❄

Warning: this contains emotion - dude that made me laugh so hard. This was awesome keep it up!