Grace Mary Potts

My life is comprised of inconsistencies, daydreaming, procrastination techniques and occasionally, writing.

“You wrote down that you were a writer by profession. It sounded to me like the loveliest euphemism I had ever heard. When was writing ever your profession? It's never been anything but your religion." - J.D. Salinger

I would like to say this quote describes me but I'm one of those writers who just procrastinates all the time. More of a "writer" if I'm being honest. To those unfortunate enough to read my work: I very much appreciate any comment you can provide, particularly if it's the constructive kind.

In Our Wake

PROMPT: Ripple Effect

We let plastic bags drift by us, floating across concrete surfaces like tumbleweeds on barren ground.
We build barracades to protect the sand of our beaches, even when it destroys the dunes of those around. 
We demolish forests for oil, paper and houses, even when there are animals still inside.
We drive cars and work in factories, and barely spare a glance for the melting ice.

And maybe one day the Earth will die, because we never gave thought to the destruction we left behind.