36632010644 812e3c74f6 o

Bellbell0307

A Catholic girl, who just has a super big passion to write. Loves to read and find my inspiration in life. Wants to be a great musician and can't wait to see what life has in store for me.

Please be sure to read the other parts first.

This Is Our Home- Part Seven

1
Kelcy
Kelcy got out of the car as soon as she could. Kyle, Kyle of all people was her father. How?
    Kyle got out of the car to face Kelcy. “I had to work on a case on another planet, so I had to miss your childhood. Kelcy, please forgive me. Please. You don’t know how much I wanted to see you smile, see you dance, but I couldn’t. I couldn't leave Caldera. The case was too important.”
 “Kyle stop! You’re freaking me out. I barely know you and you’re saying that ‘i’m your father.’ I’m sorry, but I don’t believe you and I won’t believe you. This ‘case’ was too important, but you didn’t mind leaving your infant child at home to be raised only by her mother and to have your child walking around school with a picture of Justin Timberlake and saying that he was her father. How could you do that?”
            “Kelcy, it kills me that I missed your childhood because of that mission. But now I want to be by your side, and not miss anything else.” Kyle took a step forward, Kelcy took a step backward.
“Where is the nearest Predator base?”
“A mile north of here, why?”
          “Because I need to get away from you.” Kelcy turned north and ran.   
  .                .                .
As soon as Kelcy entered the woods she felt a small brush of something against her thigh, so she jumped. Ugh. I knew I should’ve worn my jeans today and when did leaves start to scare me? Kelcy thought as she plunged farther into the darkness of the undiscovered woods. When she couldn’t see the stars through the treetops anymore, Kelcy searched for some sort of fern to lie underneath for warmth. Once she found it, she tied her hair up into a ponytail and laid underneath the large fern. The fern was long enough to cover up her middle section, so at least she was warm for some parts of the nights. God, Collin I hope you are OK. I need you to be. I’ll find you. Please be safe. Kelcy shut her eyes and drifted off towards her sleepless night.