Image

Eve

I'm 14 I'm an avid reader with a love of classics. I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and if I write about religion and you have questions ask or go to jw.org. Thank you
-eve:)

Any feedback at all is greatly appreciated! I have horrible grammar and spelling and sometimes my ideas aren't what I thought they were so I appreciate anything

Eve, the good or the bad?

PROMPT: All in a Name

1

Hi I'm Eve. My name means a few different things. The Hebrew origin meant life or breathe, but in the bible the term is used for the first woman. So as Eve was the first her name meant mother to all who breathe. This tends to crack people up because my mom calls me little momma because I take care of my brother. Sometimes I squirm while listening to the genesis acount. Being associated with the woman who took our perfection away seems a little weird. Yet it was brought out to me that maybe it's a good thing. Jesus was called the second Adam the second perfect man on earth, so maybe the name Eve is just getting a second change to have a good story behind it. Eve is the only name my parents could agree on, yet my mom liked it for more than that. She viewed Eve as a simple name, a name that I could fulfill in anyway, that is elegant and simple. Thinking of Eve doesn't instantly bring up a picture the way a name like Gertrude does. Even though sometimes I wonder if the name fits me I believe that it does, showing the true side of me, being truly me.