Img 0536 1

izagrace04

Hi! I'm Izzy. I love am a hyper, Christian, unicorn-loving, homeschooled, 14yo girl. I love fashion design, drawing, photography, writing and own my own business called belleesperance.com. I am also a HUGE advocate against human trafficking.

I know some people may believe in abortion and find this offensive. This is just my personal worldview, that God created every baby, every person, with a purpose. Please consider this story and comment with any questions you have.

Keeping Hope - An Abortion Story

4
I sighed as I walked into the park. It was dark out, and cold. A breeze swirled around me as leaves turned in circles, slowly landing on the ground awaiting the next breeze. I kicked an imaginary stone as I questioned myself. Should I be doing this? What will happen if I do this? What will my parents think? The center was right across the street, and my appointment was in 10 minutes. I looked down at the ground, deciding what to do. If I did it, I wouldn’t have a burden anymore, or would I? I wouldn’t have to worry about my parents thinking I would become a mother. My boyfriend doesn’t even know I’m pregnant. I was so frustrated. Why couldn’t I just know what to do? I sighed again and looked at my watch. 8:25. 5 minutes left to decide. A figure entered the park and I looked up. I squinted my eyes so I see. Melanie? 
     “Melanie?” I yell-whispered. The figure stopped and started walking towards me. “It is you.” I sighed. She smiled softly, although I couldn’t see it, I could feel it.
     “I thought you would be here.” She said softly. It was quiet for a moment and then she asked the question I had been dreading. “Kallie, what’s going on?”  I looked down at my stomach and refused to answer. She put her hand on my shoulder.
     “I…I’m…pregnant.” I replied. She took her hand from my shoulder and sat down on the nearest park bench. I followed her over.
     “Pregnant? Kallie! Why wouldn’t you tell us?” I looked over at my tired sister and then looked down. 
     “I… was scared.” I said, truthfully. Everything was quiet after that. We shifted uncomfortably. I hadn't told anyone in my family, why did I now ?I looked up as Melanie sighed. “How did you even find me?” I asked, suspiciously. She looked down, and laughed softly.
     “I was on the way to Fairyworld.” She said. I giggled, despite my situation. Fairyworld was a place we went when we were kids, it was a small part of the park no one knew about. It had about 12 trees, the leaves went all the way to the ground and under every one there was a small picnic table. We sometimes still go there, when we are upset or mad, but I hadn’t been there in ages.
     “I figured I’d see you on the way. Mom and Dad are really worried.” She said. I started crying.
     “I don’t know what to do!” I said, madly. “I don’t know!”  She gasped.
     “You weren’t thinking of getting an abortion were you?” She said, startled. The words stung.  “Kallie, that’s your baby, don’t let someone murder it!” I shook my head and looked at my watch again my appointment was in 1 minute.
     “I… I have to go.” I ran off into the darkness. 
     “Don’t do it Kallie!” I heard in the distance. I knew my parents would disagree with an abortion, but my own sister? I thought she would support me in all I did. I ran through the park, out the entrance and across the street. I was to angry to even think about what I was  doing. Before I realized it, I was on a doctors table, and they had needles pointed at me. 
     ‘It’s your baby. Yours. Murder. They are committing murder’ Melanie’s words swam in my mind. And then I put them together. I was about to kill my own baby. What was I thinking?
     “Stop!” I yelled. I jumped off the table. 
     “What’s wrong, Kallie?” One of the doctors asked.
     “I am not having an abortion. This is my baby. A living human, you can’t have her.”
     “Kallie, that’s ridiculous! Baby’s aren’t fully alive until 8 weeks.” I set my jaw.
     “Lies.” And I walked away, out the door, back to the park, and to the bench. Melanie was still sitting there, face in her hands crying. She looked up at me.
     “Did you… I mean is it…” Her voice trailed off, like a boat in her own tears.
     “I didn’t. I didn't do it.” I said realizing I had made the right choice. She slowly stopped crying and looked up, a huge smile on her face.
     “You didn’t? Kallie, thats great!” I smiled as she jumped up to hug me. I put my hand on my stomach and jumped back. “What’s wrong Kallie-O-Mallee?” Melanie said between giggles.
     “Nothing! I was just enjoying her first kick.”

14 Months Later
     Hope looked up and smiled at me. I smiled back and picked her up.
     “Hi, darling.” I said. It was Hope's birthday, her first one. Everyone was excited, especially her Aunt Melanie.
     “Mama,” Hope said in her baby tone. I laughed, it was hard not to. Keeping Hope was the best decision I had ever made, and I would do it over a million times if I could.

• paperbird

thank you for responding!
    yeah, there definitely are complications––i'm not saying the baby should be decomposed in the womb, or that people should exercise particularly cruel methods of abortion. it does depend on how old the fetus is––a fetus that is able to move or feel should be regarded differently than one less matured. and yes, a fetus is scientifically a human, because it is offspring of the homo sapien species.
    can you clarify: at what stage does the baby have nerves?
    again, thank you!

• izagrace04

@paperbird, thanks for the comma advice!! I recently went to an informative class on abortion, and learned that all pro-life and pro-choice agree a fetus is a human. They can detect a heartbeat at 16 days. A lot of times, when a woman aborts her child, she still has to give birth--just to a deceased child. It is really sad. Other times, the baby decomposes and it can cause the woman infections, and in some cases death. In some ways they kill the baby, they will tear off its limbs, or other things while it is still alive. At this point, the doctors believe the baby has nerves already.

Thanks for your comments about my story :)

• izagrace04

@christywisdom, thanks so much! Yes, the Bible is an amazing resource.

• paperbird

you also might want to double-check this for commas––i noticed a few quick errors.

• paperbird

we have different views on abortion––i believe that a fetus is not truly living for most of the time in the womb, and that forcing a woman to birth against her will is worse than aborting––but i really did love this story. your narrative is excellent, and your case is compelling. i particularly love how you named the baby "hope"––clever play on words and nice tie-in to the title.

• Christy Wisdom

Aw, I absolutely love this story! I agree with you on the topic of abortion :D Those are such wonderful verses that you posted below :)

• izagrace04

@Plausible.Poems, this story is my personal belief and if I have in any way offended you I am so sorry :D This is just my view I am sharing and I am not trying to force it on anyone.

• Plausible.Poems

Abortion is a woman's choice. Whether or not you "believe" in abortion, it exists. It has existed since the beginning of time. If abortion becomes illegal for hospitals to perform, women will resort to medicated or hanger abortions.

• Kaitlyn ❄

Okay, good :D And yes, it was a very good story.

• izagrace04

Kaitlyn, you make a good point and I was definitely not offended! I am so glad that you enjoyed my story! :)

• Kaitlyn ❄

And, just to be clear, I absolutely adored this story. It was so sweet and heart felt.

• Kaitlyn ❄

I was not at all offended and I greatly respect your views. Abortion is one of the hardest things to wrap our heads around to this day. I think that, like Bill Clinton once said, "Abortions should be safe, legal, and rare." You see all of these women in the old days going to dangerous lengths because abortions were illegal. I do not think that abortions should be taken advantage of but only used in rare cases. Also, I do not think that I could go through a whole pregnancy and just give a baby away. I hope I did not offend you at all. :)

• izagrace04

Kaitlyn, I appreciate your views, and hope I did not offend you with this story! I agree if it is situation of rape or something along the lines of that, it is a tough choice, but I believe you can put your child up for adoption. Also, I believe even on the first day that baby is a human.

Ecclesiastes 11:5: God’s ways are as mysterious as the pathway of the wind and as the manner in which a human spirit is infused into the little body of a baby while it is yet in its mother’s womb.

Psalm 139:13: You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit them together in my mother’s womb.

Jeremiah 20:17: because he did not kill me at my birth! Oh, that I had died within my mother’s womb, that it had been my grave!

Hosea 9:11: The glory of Israel flies away like a bird, for your children will die at birth, or perish in the womb, or never even be conceived.

Notice in the last verse, the writer puts death in the same verse as 'never be conceived'.

Of course, I value your views and am not trying to force my views on anyone else!

God bless!

• Kaitlyn ❄

I do not believe that abortion is wrong but I do not calling it believing in abortion as though abortion is something I depend on to live. I believe in a woman have a choice. What if there is a situation of rape or of the baby's mother not have the financial needs? What if the baby's mother has a disorder that leaves her unable to fully care for the child? I do not believe that abortions are right in all cases. I do not think that at any point past twenty weeks it is the right thing to do. At that point it is a truly live baby. It is wrong to abort at any point past that. I also do not believe in calling the mother of the baby a murderer. Even if it is wrong at any point, I also think it is wrong to call anyone of a murderer because of a choice they made. So there? Anyway.. really great story, I absolutely loved it. Great work.