This is a picture of a bvery strange anf farm

RedWriter

Writing a bio for me is hard because I am myself and I could go on and on about how I think of me but would that be correct in others eyes? So I guess the only word I can really use to describe me is Bree and let my writing do the rest.

Always, always always remember to see both sides of the story and you might just fill another book.

My December

I stood on stage, ready to sing, my knees shaking slightly and feet going numb from being up there so long. I know a lot of people in the crowd, and all of them are staring up at the mob of red shirts representing the school choir. The lights were harsh stares but I was glad they were working since not two days before the first showing most of the lights were refusing to come on. Everyone stood with the collars of their polo shirts a circle of sweat, and their belts holding up jeans that drooped. My mouth was singing the words that I didn't even really have to focus on, but all of our eyes were trained on the director, so I did follow his hand gestures, trying to ignore the huge mass of people behind him staring up at our Christmas songs.
There it was- I needed to head down. I turned around since I was on the back row and jumped off, shoving my hair to the side, knocking off my glasses, putting them back on, and hurrying to the mic.
I tried not to hyperventilate. I took a breath and decided to do the thing that calmed me down- look for someone in the crowd to focus on. It was a red-haired girl sitting next to her twin, but she was watching more intently, and then one other, a girl in the floor, her chin on her knuckles, looking up at me.
Then the first verse came.
And I heard myself over the microphone as I sang, hoping I sounded good, unable to tell if I was special or not. I sang, the words coming, remembering them to make sure. I was nervous a bit, my legs going numb. But then I stopped- and I smiled while I sang as I remembered for some reason one of my teachers taking a picture with me and saying 'Ugh! That shirt?' I don't know why, but I smiled and sang, realizing this was the last time I got to do this, and I should enjoy it. So I sang into it, and I didn't stop, lowering the microphone when everyone joined in and raising it again when it was my turn to sing solo.
I expected applause but I wasn't really let down when I didn't get any since there was another solo right after mine. I turned off the microphone and put it back in it's slot before going back to my place and being helped up by the girls I stood next to. We continued to sing Christmas songs and I listened to everyone else and thought that, despite everything that had happened, this was a good day. Today was a good day. And then we got to my favorite song, and I belted out along with everyone else, and then at the end I remember standing up there and in front of everyone, my best friend, on a row two down from me, turned around, smiling with bright blue eyes, and gave me a smile and a thumbs up. "You did great!" she said.
And it was then that I felt great. I felt so good knowing that if nothing else I had sounded wonderful that day to my best friend and director. It might sound crazy, and it probably is, but I felt great when she told me that, when she turned with purpose around to the entire school just to tell me that I had done good.
And that was the moment that really stood out in my December so far above all else, that moment where it was the last curtain call of the performance, the last time I would sing that song with that group, and every time we performed or put on a play, it was something special. There was some kind of family you cannot replace there when you get on stage. There is some type of bond that stays with you, and that is why it is so special to me. Not just to hear the applause. Not just because you want to get out of class. No. It's for the moments you can, in December, remember your teacher taking a meaningful picture and looking at your shirt with a disappointed scowl. It's for the moments you can look around and know that everyone was in it together. It's for the moments you find a girl with red hair or a girl looking at you almost admiringly in the crowd. It's for the moments your friends through Chorus help you up so you don't have to get in a painful position. It's for the moments you laugh. It's for the moments that your best friend turns around and smiles and congratulates you.
It's these moments that make my December.